corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » radiator fan not working??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author radiator fan not working??
pitts

User status: Offline
30th Oct 12 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have recenlty rebuild my corsa xe16 and so i put a new head gasket, radiator, therostate and radaitor fan switch and when i got it running it got to 95 on the temp gauage and then boiled over and the fan didnt cut it, i put a stright live and earth to the fan and it worked, so i check the power to the fuse and from the fuse and thats showing 12v and when i put it on the fan connecter so was no power at the connection and i checked the back of the conncetor and still no power? so i dont now where to go from here realy?
IainL

30th Oct 12 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought a cheap shit £3 e-bay fan switch and it nearly cost me an engine. Pay round the £10 mark or even get a VX one. I bridged the plug with a paper clip to check everything was in order. Perhaps the contacts are dirty?
Jed D

30th Oct 12 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine was like that, somehow it was losing voltage from the fan switch on the rad to the fan. i just ended up wiring in a manual fan on a switch. fused and relay under the scuttle
Devito5692

31st Oct 12 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got mine wired up to a switch mate lot better I usually keep it on most of the time just remember to turn it off lol

New Poll