corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Protected trees?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Protected trees?
Colin

User status: Offline
18th Aug 10 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got a tree in my front garden, new build house.

Its only small just now but is only going to get bigger - I dont want it to be there.

Ive already dug it up once & moved it about a foot & a half, as I plan to extend the drive/path soon & it was in the way.

Stopping me from ripping it out is comments from one of the neighbours who said its protected ~(I thought this was only old established trees that are tagged) & he says if I remove i'll get a new one planted there & invoiced for them doing so.

Its in my garden though

He's done his garden already with chipy stones & decrative rocks & has kept his tree.

Any idea's??
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Aug 10 at 15:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it has, it'll have a Tree Preservation Order, which is awarded by the local council.

Can't see the builders returning to replace it against your will somehow. Did you ask where he got his information?

[Edited on 18-08-2010 by Ian]
RichR
Premium Member

18th Aug 10 at 15:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd be really surprised but it may be in your covenants - I have a covenant in my deeds which says I can't alter the external appearence of the house - even though every fucker else already has on the road and they had the same covenant
mwg

18th Aug 10 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should say in your deeds if it has a preservation order on it shouldn't it?

If it has no preservation order on it get it ripped out/chopped down ASAP before some busy body applies for one on it.

Our neighbours wanted to chop a tree down in their garden and for some reason they got in touch with the town council about it before hand and then the town council applied for a tree preservation order on it. If they had just gone at it with a chainsaw in the 1st place there would of been no problem as it didn't have a preservation order on it! Sod asking if you can chop a tree down in your own garden.

[Edited on 18-08-2010 by mwg]
Marc

18th Aug 10 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do what the builders did in my garden, reverse a digger in to it so they have to take it out
Colin

18th Aug 10 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A digger.............this thing would fall over if I reversed my wheely bin on it!!

Can see it on far left here ignoring the green machine

Will check deed's..............although the builders gardner put it there some 2-3 months after we moved in. Came home one day & there was a tree there.

Man 4 doors along said the council decides where they go & you cant touch them
AndyKent

18th Aug 10 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its highly, highly unlikely to have a tree preservation order on it - the council don't go round tagging each and every tree in sight.

If its anywhere it'll be a covenant in your deeds put there by the developer to keep the appearance of the street looking decent. If you don't have a copy of your title deeds you can get a copy from the Land Registry for £8, or ask your solicitor.
RichR
Premium Member

18th Aug 10 at 18:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cut a circle of bark off down near the base tree dies, you had to remove it - Simples
pow
Premium Member

18th Aug 10 at 20:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit of diesel kills a tree well
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

18th Aug 10 at 20:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rip the fucker out, its your garden!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
N16K

18th Aug 10 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you have a footpath infront of your house? if not the tree is positioned to close to the road. no reason you can't remove it is a new tree, not old or of importance? not tagged, your house do what you want with it.
Limecat
Banned

18th Aug 10 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Bit of diesel kills a tree well

Recaro1

19th Aug 10 at 07:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a huge conifer tree in my garden that has a TPO on it. Hate it. Shades the garden, drops pine cones all over the garden. When it snowed the weight of the snow broke of a branch off which destroyed the fence.

Contacted the council and they said I had to get a professional tree surgeon to prove its dead which it aint

If I killed it with diesel, would it fall? It could destoy a house its that big

[Edited on 19-08-2010 by Recaro1]
mwg

19th Aug 10 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would get a bit excited when mowing the lawn and powerslide off in to the tree knocking it over. Then you'll have no choice but to remove it.
Colin

19th Aug 10 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive no problems about removing it, i'd just be physically sick if I came home from offshore in 6 months to find another one planted there & a fine for £80 or whatever!!
Fee

19th Aug 10 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In most newbuild estate sort of areas there will be some clause in your deeds about gardens, etc.
To me though, it is a new tree and in your land...so yours to do what you want with it.
If it was on the footpath it would be different.
What a stupid place to put a tree anyway

If you don't have a copy of the deeds already just ask your solicitor for a copy and have a quick check over them
a_j_mair

19th Aug 10 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

guy down the road is taking shit IMO

dig it out stick it in hos garden
Fee

19th Aug 10 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do it!
VegasPhil
Premium Member

19th Aug 10 at 18:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It'll be covered by covenants. Stupid rules like you can't paint your front door a different colour etc.

Are they still selling in the estate? Ask the site sales staff if you can take it out.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Colin

19th Aug 10 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GONE!!!
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

19th Aug 10 at 19:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Hammer

19th Aug 10 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If they try and flyman a bill to plant a new tree the local neds whipped it out one Friday night, the scamps.
3CorsaMeal

20th Aug 10 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could be part of the planning. they can request landscaping, we built a house behind a hedge and the condition was the hedge stayed to hide the house.

the builders/groundworkers ripped the whole lot out and it all had to be replaced
3CorsaMeal

20th Aug 10 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there is nothing to stop it "dying"
Welsh Dan

20th Aug 10 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
there is nothing to stop it "dying"

Theres a good chance of it dying now that Colin has already ripped it out

<<  1    2  >>