corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Gran Turismo 5 - ***Monza - 20th Jan!!***

New Poll
  <<  124    125    126    127    128    129    130  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gran Turismo 5 - ***Monza - 20th Jan!!***
Mike GSi

User status: Offline
19th Dec 10 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you tried resetting it? Holding the on/off button for about 7 seconds while its off?
Mike GSi

19th Dec 10 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also if you google 'GT5 killed my ps3' there are lots of threads etc, along with a few with your simptoms

Edit: As far as i can make out GT5 has burnt a lot of lasers out because it constantly in use, unlike most games its only in use mainly on loading screens. If this is the case a new laser is about £50-60 and is easy to fix.

[Edited on 19-12-2010 by Mike GSi]
Mike GSi

19th Dec 10 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So is anyone up for some online action?
antnee

19th Dec 10 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am
Mike GSi

19th Dec 10 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Add me mate M1K3_FTW
Jamie-C

20th Dec 10 at 01:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry I didn't join you tonight Mike wanted to do a bit of offline stuff tonight.

I now have the first 3 licences (B,A and International C) with all golds

What race cars are people using? My fastest car is my Bugatti Veyron, it has 1200 odd bhp iirc but it can't go round corners for shit. Next fastest is around 500bhp which just isn't quick enough for the races I need to do.

Look through the dealership and can't see anything fast enough
Jamie-C

20th Dec 10 at 06:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

500,000 CR to restore body ridgity on Veyron
BarnshaW

20th Dec 10 at 07:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

interesting enough i found a tvr speed 12 in used cars, tunes up to 1000bhp and 998kg, when u drive it when it gets to 100mph it accelerates faster then any car i own. that includes toyota minolta and toyota race car
Paul_J

20th Dec 10 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike GSi
Have you tried resetting it? Holding the on/off button for about 7 seconds while its off?

I may try that Mike, although this seems probably most likely

http://www.naschenweng.info/2009/06/02/ps3-recovery-menu-fix-your-bluray-issues

I incorrectly shut it down the other day because it got stuck in a game. So sounds like the driver has gone a bit dodgy - I'll try this at lunch time. (working from home ftw).
BarnshaW

20th Dec 10 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can someone confirm how you get the redbull x1, is it level 30 b spec? im reading alot of conflicting stories on the net.
Jamie-C

20th Dec 10 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think it is level 30 aye then you have to do the redbull challenge.

You haven't been on in a while
BarnshaW

20th Dec 10 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

awesome, yea i been on matey just been on single player levelling up my a spec and b spec and saving money, not got much to go now as i been saving for the F1 car
Daveskater
Premium Member

20th Dec 10 at 15:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't remember who has my MX5 Jas I think?

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Ryan

20th Dec 10 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anybody on tonight? im on earlies so about 7-8 would be best
chris_uk
Premium Member

20th Dec 10 at 16:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Patch Notes 1.05

•Seasonal Events: [Seasonal Events] have been added to the [GT Mode] – [GT Life] screen. From here you can participate in official online events from the Polyphony Digital team. In these events, all participants are under the same regulations, and if you complete the event you will win rewards and experience. Compete on the leader boards with players around the world, in Time Trials and Drift Trials!

•Online Collector’s Dealership: An [Online Collector's Dealership] has been added to the left and centre of the [GT Mode]-[GT Life] screen. In here you will find popular and rare cars. You might just come across that one car you’ve always been looking for, that you haven’t been able to find in the [Used Car Dealership].

•Online Race Rewards and Experience: When you complete a race in the [Open Lobby] or [My Lounge], you will now gain rewards and experience points. Even if you are focused more on playing online, you’ll still be able to gain rewards and levels that you need to progress in [GT Life].

•Driving Distance and Number of Wins in Online Races: The driving distance and the number of wins you achieve when you complete a race in [Open Lobby] or [My Lounge] will now affect your stats in [Profile] and the [Garage]. Here the results from your online play will cumulate within [GT Life].

•Improved Rewards: The rewards for winning races in both A-Spec and B-Spec in [GT Mode]-[GT Life] have been increased for a limited time only. (This applies until the end of January 2011.) This is a great chance for those who were previously having difficulties getting ahead in the game, due to a lack of funds for tuning and purchasing required cars.

•Race Information Display: It is now possible to set the [Race Info Display] in [Start]-[Quick Options]. (You can also set this in [Race Display] in [Options]).

•Save Data Backup: You can now copy and restore your save data. For details, please refer to the in-game [Manual].

•User BGM (Menu): From [Options]-[Hardware]-[Audio Settings], it is now possible to set the [User BGM] (Menu)]. (This can also be set from the [Music Library] within [GT Mode]).

•Car Name Change: The official name of “Red Bull X1&#8243; has been changed to the “Red Bull X2010&#8243;.

•Integration with the Website: The main features within [GT Mode]-[Community] can now also be accessed through the “gran-turismo.com” official website.

•[Important Note:] We have made improvements to the [Log] within [GT Mode]- [Community] section, in order to make its operation more stable. Please note that the information that was contained here from before the update has been reset.

excellent update!
Paul_J

20th Dec 10 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

•Online Race Rewards and Experience: When you complete a race in the [Open Lobby] or [My Lounge], you will now gain rewards and experience points. Even if you are focused more on playing online, you’ll still be able to gain rewards and levels that you need to progress in [GT Life].

^^ yes.
chris_uk
Premium Member

20th Dec 10 at 16:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can also remove all the info from the screen aswell, which means if its serverside it means that you can almost force cockpit view!

again excellent
chris_uk
Premium Member

20th Dec 10 at 16:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you sorted out your PS3 now?
Paul_J

20th Dec 10 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think so. Basically when my ps3 crashed and I switched it off - it corrupted my bluray driver.

I had to reboot to recovery menu and restore file system and it now seems to work.
Daveskater
Premium Member

20th Dec 10 at 17:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saw the update details on GT Planet, looks like it was worth the wait for 600mb to download

We need an online race later to test drive it tbh

I've been trying the time trial seasonal event thing just now with the Mazda Kusabai (or whatever it's called) which is what everyone seems to be using. I'm on standard suspension and have only done the first two lightening stages and managed 59.091, which I don't think is too bad considering. The record at the mo is 56.894 I'm placed number 338

I reckon if I get the suspension etc and tweak it I might be close!

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
chris_uk
Premium Member

20th Dec 10 at 17:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill have a look tonight

ill be on within the hour im just letting my b spec driver do 2 races then i will be on
Daveskater
Premium Member

20th Dec 10 at 17:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool mate.

You mind taking a look at my Plymouth for me whenever you get a min if I send it you later? Think I posted on the last page about it. Trying to do the race 2nd row down on the left in Expert series with it as it's about the only thing I have that stands a chance Just not quite quick enough with it

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Paul_J

20th Dec 10 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm downloading the patch at the moment. Not played the game for ages and haven't even got 20,000 credits - someone lend me some cash
Mattb

20th Dec 10 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater
quote:
Originally posted by Mattb
quote:
Originally posted by Dan
Matt, i notice your online now, fancy a practise session?

Do you have an nsx?

Actually have one now - orange with green wheels
My one's orange with yellow wheels What orange did you go for?

Check it

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/4889/autumnringmini5.jpg
[Edited on 19-12-2010 by Daveskater]

Lambo orange - with Lambo green wheels!

[Edited on 20-12-2010 by Mattb]
Daveskater
Premium Member

20th Dec 10 at 17:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's alright then Matt, I went for Dodge HEMI Orange with some random yellow wheels

Just found something - in Practice mode you can now turn mechanical damage on

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures

<<  124    125    126    127    128    129    130  >>

New Poll