corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Gran Turismo 5 - ***Monza - 20th Jan!!***

New Poll
  <<  161    162    163    164    165    166    167  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gran Turismo 5 - ***Monza - 20th Jan!!***
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st Jan 11 at 12:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If i create the lounge as a lobby 'online' nobody can change the settings but the host.

but it will mean kicking people out who are not part of CS, but thats hardly a problem really.
Daveskater
Premium Member

1st Jan 11 at 12:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's dug his own grave tbf

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Ryan

1st Jan 11 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its no fun getting punted at the first corner and then just driving around on your own for the whole race.lol
Daveskater
Premium Member

1st Jan 11 at 12:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
If i create the lounge as a lobby 'online' nobody can change the settings but the host.

but it will mean kicking people out who are not part of CS, but thats hardly a problem really.
That's probably the best way to do it mate.

Maybe limit the number of people to how many we know are coming? That way if everyone gets there more or less on time then no randoms can join in.

[Edited on 01-01-2011 by Daveskater]

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

1st Jan 11 at 12:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree'd with the above, it would be good to have 15min qualifying & im happy with a 45min race?

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Daveskater
Premium Member

1st Jan 11 at 12:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That sounds good to me actually, especially in the MX5's

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Ryan

1st Jan 11 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea agree with that.
Daveskater
Premium Member

1st Jan 11 at 12:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RYAN89
Its no fun getting punted at the first corner and then just driving around on your own for the whole race.lol
exactly. Although if it's a long race, chances are someone else will mess up and possibly come off so you'll be able to catch up.

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Eck
Premium Member

1st Jan 11 at 12:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have to say... I sincerely hope that the game improves dramatically with a steering wheel. I had a shot of my bro's with a control pad and I'm not impressed Especially not seeing how long it's taken to create!
chris_uk
Premium Member

1st Jan 11 at 13:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
I have to say... I sincerely hope that the game improves dramatically with a steering wheel. I had a shot of my bro's with a control pad and I'm not impressed Especially not seeing how long it's taken to create!

what aspects are you not liking?

with a wheel and all the aids off its pretty good..

if you take ABS off the wheels lock up with too heavy braking but since you cant feel the brakes its a bit wierd, so it tends to get left on 1.

you might have been using some aids, or the settings in the menu ight not of been on the correct ones.

thats a point, when you guys with a wheel get a wheel are you going to options on the main screen and selecting professional under the steering wheel options (same place you alter the FFB level)
Eck
Premium Member

1st Jan 11 at 13:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had everything off Chris. TC, Stability Control, Some other odd aid that helps you when it starts spinning But also left ABS on 1, because you have no idea it has locked up I never play racing games with the aids.

Edit: The thing I'm hating the most could probably be sorted with a wheel. It's the reluctance to turn in, even when you've scrubbed off the speed and are in a perfect position to take the corner. It's like a delay on what you are asking it to do

[Edited on 01-01-2011 by Eck]
Ryan

1st Jan 11 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is definatley no delay with a wheel, ive not played it with a pad so cant comment on that.
Mike GSi

1st Jan 11 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Eck the problem with a pad is that its difficult to turn in smoothly etc, you can go from no lock to full lock in less than half a second, where is the realism in that?

I played with the pad the other day for the first time as i couldnt be arsed to get my seat out. And it was absolutely shocking!

This game was made for a Wheel, End!

How far are you into the game too? the better handling cars dont seem to come into it untill a little while later.

On another note when i was doing the focus ST seasonal event i was struggling like hell mainly with understeer and just outright shite handling, not being able to carry speed through bends or speed out of them, i then set up my focus with settings from someone recommended from GT planet, and the difference was astonishing, once the LSD and suspension was set up you could instantly speed out of the bends etc.

This game is all about fine tuning and precision, get a wheel and you will notice the difference!
chris_uk
Premium Member

1st Jan 11 at 13:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds wierd eck, i've tried it on a pad as i was playing in bed yesterday morning and i never really noticed anything like that, but i was driving a mini so probably not the best test really, but i know with the logitech wheels there is a very light spot (almost no ffb) in the centre, which wasnt on prologue but has appeared in GT5, possibly something to do with the better all round FFB settings, i dont know.

the other wheels like the fantec wheels have no problems with the centre problem.

im not sure if that effects the pad at all, i cant imagine it would for a second tho..

edit: just to back up what mike is saying, the game is deffinatly made for a wheel, expecially with all the aids off, you just dont have the level of correction on a pad you have with a wheel and that might of been your problem..

the game (sometimes) promotes very smooth driving with smooth footwork (like the focus st challenge), after 40 retrys i started to feel that the focus handled pretty true to its real life counterpart but your litterally altering your pedals by a cock hair etc.

[Edited on 01-01-2011 by chris_uk]
Mike GSi

1st Jan 11 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i dont understand the dead zone on the logitech wheels. Its weird because with mine (Driving force GT) on the Go kart there is no dead zone and on the nascar there is next to nothing too, and on a few of the other cars like Le Mans cars. Where as on the old merc that you use for the nurburgring special event there is about 5cm dead zone, i think they have tried to make a real feeling to the steering or different cars?
Gsi_Ire

1st Jan 11 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I should ask, what model of mx5 are you going to use?

Anyone want to add me up Pking_1981
chris_uk
Premium Member

1st Jan 11 at 13:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gsi_Ire
I should ask, what model of mx5 are you going to use?

Anyone want to add me up Pking_1981

its the Mk1 premium version..

this one

chris_uk
Premium Member

1st Jan 11 at 13:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats if everyone is ok with the MX5.
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

1st Jan 11 at 14:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^ Added, im DWestie86 btw.

Chris, mike, eck. I'm a pad user on this game and have never had a chance to try a wheel so ive sort of got used to the way the cars act, i definitely know what your saying as its hard to judge and carry the spee through the corners without having the understeer. I've set it up so the throttle and brakes are controlled by the shoulder buttons which does give a bit more control. As for the steering its more or less full lock or no lock, so difficult the get the precision and minor adjustments round corners or when the back end kicks out. Also as there is no feel or feedback to it its so easy to lock up under breaking.
This was definitely designed with a wheel in mind as its shown in the lap times and races i've had with a few of you.

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
chris_uk
Premium Member

1st Jan 11 at 14:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i going to boot up GT now and have a play with the mx5 on indy, everyone is welcome to join
AK

1st Jan 11 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sport soft is for fannies
chris_uk
Premium Member

1st Jan 11 at 14:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK

go get an MX5 and join me..

and go find a wheel aswell! thats priority!

[Edited on 01-01-2011 by chris_uk]
Daveskater
Premium Member

1st Jan 11 at 14:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will be putting mine on in a sec too. There are two premium MX5's, they looked the same to me except one was 2 grand more and weighed 10kg more I went with the cheaper one

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
chris_uk
Premium Member

1st Jan 11 at 14:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think you got the same one as me dave, as the names of the cars at the end where all the same.
Daveskater
Premium Member

1st Jan 11 at 14:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
You would say that I think just about everyone else would say the same about racing tyres tbh.

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures

<<  161    162    163    164    165    166    167  >>

New Poll