corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Gran Turismo 5 - ***Monza - 20th Jan!!***

New Poll
  <<  179    180    181    182    183    184    185  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gran Turismo 5 - ***Monza - 20th Jan!!***
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
3rd Jan 11 at 21:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

use skid recovery jamie... lol
Mike GSi

3rd Jan 11 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah but its very hard you have to stay in 2nd/3rd pos untill the last straight then take them.
Dan
Premium Member

3rd Jan 11 at 21:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yet another race I came last in. Just got rammed 3 times and had to pit. After getting lapped by the guy infront, and needing to pit for the 4th time in 12 laps I thought it was time to give up.

I was doing well for the first couple of laps.

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Daveskater
Premium Member

3rd Jan 11 at 21:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
I got myself an Evo 4...

1119kg
355bhp

only problem is I'm driving it.

[Edited on 03-01-2011 by mwg]
It was good enough to give me a run for my money!

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
webbo_23

3rd Jan 11 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone online still? Whats ur psn?
Daveskater
Premium Member

3rd Jan 11 at 21:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Good race Dave. Our tyres were completely gone in the end
Mine were completely past it but you weren't pitting so neither was I Both my fronts were about 1/2 worn and the rears about 1/4, but 20 laps on sports soft was too much for them really I saved the replay so I'll get some pics, also saved the replay from the 10 lap race we just had. Me and tomo_1944 had a great battle on the last few laps

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
mwg

3rd Jan 11 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was running 349 for the race as when I went out the lobby and fitted the LSD it magically bumped my bhp up to 356 so I had to change parts around to get it under the limit! Bloody annoying!
Daveskater
Premium Member

3rd Jan 11 at 21:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by webbo_23
anyone online still? Whats ur psn?
Mine is Daveskater but I've got to go now.

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Daveskater
Premium Member

3rd Jan 11 at 21:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
It was running 349 for the race as when I went out the lobby and fitted the LSD it magically bumped my bhp up to 356 so I had to change parts around to get it under the limit! Bloody annoying!
It's interesting how even though yours is 100kg heavier it still kept ahead. I could catch up but only a bit each lap

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
webbo_23

3rd Jan 11 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no one still racing then dave?
mwg

3rd Jan 11 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You definitely had the straight line advantage, off the start line you left me behind. Look forward to the pics, I'd changed the wheels etc. on my Evo to make it prettier
lee mitchell

3rd Jan 11 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im shit end off 8th out of 10 first race 6th out of 6 last race lol
Jamie-C

3rd Jan 11 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
use skid recovery jamie... lol
I don't need it

Plus I don't think it would help me much on an oval track?

I'll try what you said Mike sitting in 2nd/3rd, I always blast up to the front then the next thing I'm 10th and can't catch them again
Paul_J

3rd Jan 11 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shame I missed this... I spent all day practising and had a car that would do consistent 1:08's.

My mate messaged me and said s2ki were having a race at 8 - so went and won that, but it finished at 8:35

So I missed the start of our race
Jamie-C

3rd Jan 11 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Epic Mike Did it first time that way

Thats A-spec complete , except for endurance races off course, which will probabl take me ages
Daveskater
Premium Member

3rd Jan 11 at 23:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
You definitely had the straight line advantage, off the start line you left me behind. Look forward to the pics, I'd changed the wheels etc. on my Evo to make it prettier
Yeah you were quicker out of the corners but i was having a problem with my car that when i turned in it understeered then MASSIVELY oversteered then went back to understeer Fixed it now though

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Daveskater
Premium Member

3rd Jan 11 at 23:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
Shame I missed this... I spent all day practising and had a car that would do consistent 1:08's.

My mate messaged me and said s2ki were having a race at 8 - so went and won that, but it finished at 8:35

So I missed the start of our race
Yeah mate you only just missed it, we were only on lap 3 You should have stuck around because we had another 10 lap race after

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Paul_J

3rd Jan 11 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went back to racing the s2ki guys
Daveskater
Premium Member

3rd Jan 11 at 23:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How did that go? Tbf you probably would have won our race too if you could hold down the 1'08 laps. Nobody was getting less than 1'10. You must have either have a seriously well set up car or be taking an amazing line because like i said, mine was 1bhp and 1kg inside the limits and my best was 1'10.2

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
chris_uk
Premium Member

3rd Jan 11 at 23:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just turned the abs off on the nascar ones, i won it easy that way, for some reason it slows you down alot.

im no where near completing a spec, just cant be arsed with all the shitty races, i still need to do that rx7 race.

dan, sounds like your really struggling, if your about tomorrow i will try give you some pointers/help, see what your doing different and what we can do to get those laps down, just remember its not always about havin the fastest lap.

the first thing you need to do is know how the car you are driving handles, you need to know how fast you can go for your car to grip, how much power you can give it without the back end coming loose etc. once you have a good understanding of car control its time to work on consistancy, it doesnt matter what times you are getting aslong as you can do the same times over and over again and im not talking about 5 laps all 0.5 of a second apart im talking 10-15 laps at 0.5. once you can do that you can then start to find out which line may be better or worse for you. once you are consistant with your lines you will be able to comfortubly start adding speed. speed is important but if you dont know where you can be fast and where, you will never get good consistant lap times. yes you might luckily get a fast lap by driving like a hooligan but you wouldnt be able to tell where you gained the time and how making it a wasted lap and you probably just killed your tyres doing so.

smoothness and finess is the key to driving quickley, no jamming brake pedals on, not turning in too sharp unbalancing the car etc... its all about finess. the smoother you are the easier the car will be to drive quick, it just comes down to practise to find out what the best lines are, where to brake, where to accelerate etc.

when you get confident at a track and a car and you know what the car will do you can start reading into situations that might happen in a race, you might know for instance that the guy in front of you will never make the corner as he is going too fast or he is taking the wrong line forthe speed hes going etc, this allows you to prepair for the inevitable by holding back, watching him hit the barrier and you drive past one place up and without any damage to your car. if you was in the same situation without any track or car knowledge you may of trusted the other guy to know what he was doing and follow him into the corner probably ending both of your races.

[Edited on 04-01-2011 by chris_uk]
Paul_J

3rd Jan 11 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater
How did that go? Tbf you probably would have won our race too if you could hold down the 1'08 laps. Nobody was getting less than 1'10. You must have either have a seriously well set up car or be taking an amazing line because like i said, mine was 1bhp and 1kg inside the limits and my best was 1'10.2

mine was 355 bhp and 1140kg and doing 1.08.2's it would've knackered its tyres out over a few laps though. My scooby handled pretty well to be honest, much better than the audi TTs I had at first.
Daveskater
Premium Member

3rd Jan 11 at 23:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It must have handled well to get that time. Mine and Matt's tyres were so incredibly past it but we both stayed out because we were having a proper battle so we did all 20 laps on the sports softs

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
AK

4th Jan 11 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Online in trackscotland lounge just now
Gsi_Ire

4th Jan 11 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Only person that didn't show up for me was the GSi.

I got 46k for that race. Shame I spent far more than that buying the car and modifying it

Odd, so did I actually finished 3rd so?
Dan
Premium Member

4th Jan 11 at 08:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chris, after changing to manual, from auto. I managed to knock about 4 seconds off my time. I was running 1.10s and consistent 1.11s in the practise all evening. Come the main race, i got destroyed on the first corner, and then when getting over taken a bit later.

Then i stacked it myself, meaning a 3rd pit, and i had no hope.

If i could have sat running my times i was running, id have been up there. I think i try to hard and try brake a little later etc, rather than keeping calm and following my lines.

Im not about today, but i will be about most mornings this week before 11, and evenings from 9.30

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us

<<  179    180    181    182    183    184    185  >>

New Poll