corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Gran Turismo 5 - ***Monza - 20th Jan!!***

New Poll
  <<  181    182    183    184    185    186    187  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gran Turismo 5 - ***Monza - 20th Jan!!***
mwg

User status: Offline
4th Jan 11 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

20 minutes of going round the same track at full pelt was long enough for me last night Wont be doing an hour or 2 hour races.
chris_uk
Premium Member

4th Jan 11 at 17:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i havent got an integra, i need to buy one.

The 2 hour race is only for the hardcore of us all
Ryan

4th Jan 11 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like the mx5 races, id like to use the RM'd NSX and RM'd elise aswell.

Wont be doing any evo, scooby races though; soooo boring.
chris_uk
Premium Member

4th Jan 11 at 17:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i might but one of the newer premium models, as i prefer to race in the cockpit, but i doubt they would be competative really.
webbo_23

4th Jan 11 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how about if we had an ff race, with a bhp limit and weight limit, but you could pic what car you want - would mean people with little funds could use the cars they have, and not have to miss out because they cant afford to buy new cars?
Reecemac

4th Jan 11 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about something FR? would be interesting because they are easier to lose control and take that bit more skill to keep it on the track, like the RX7 seasonal. Maybe a supercar race too sometime, would love to use the 458.
webbo_23

4th Jan 11 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh i just used ff for an example, but could do it with any - i just think it would be more interesting, and give others a chance if we used what car we wanted
Reecemac

4th Jan 11 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah maybe just say fr/ff/4wd weight limit: 1100 bhp:320 for example not those figures but everyone can choose any car as long as its in the limits.
Ryan

4th Jan 11 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the reason is that people dont have alot of money to buy cars, then you may aswell just use the mx5's because people already have them.

That way its down to driver skill aswell as people start with the same base.

webbo_23

4th Jan 11 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RYAN89
If the reason is that people dont have alot of money to buy cars, then you may aswell just use the mx5's because people already have them.

That way its down to driver skill aswell as people start with the same base.

i see your point - plus the mx5 isnt very expensive

quote:
Originally posted by Reecemac
Yeah maybe just say fr/ff/4wd weight limit: 1100 bhp:320 for example not those figures but everyone can choose any car as long as its in the limits.

i think it would be interesting to be honest - gives people a chance to show off what cars they have

[Edited on 04-01-2011 by webbo_23]
Reecemac

4th Jan 11 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think its worth a go, the mx5 is good though because like you said its cheap and most people have got one, but might make it abit more interesting with a mix of cars running.
chris_uk
Premium Member

4th Jan 11 at 17:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i guess that if people want to start their own races etc with their own rules thats fine, i will organise the MX5 races everyweek still..

if im about i can host the other races too
webbo_23

4th Jan 11 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
i guess that if people want to start their own races etc with their own rules thats fine, i will organise the MX5 races everyweek still..

if im about i can host the other races too

im defo up for the mx5 race every week - i really enjoyed it - and now ive sorted the car so it has a higher top speed i might be able to compete lol
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

4th Jan 11 at 17:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like the idea's people are suggesting, but i'll stick to 3 cars for the races i think, mx5, integra and whatever else anyone chooses.

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
chris_uk
Premium Member

4th Jan 11 at 17:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny W
I like the idea's people are suggesting, but i'll stick to 3 cars for the races i think, mx5, integra and whatever else anyone chooses.

this is what i will do aswell.

depends how well the integra handles, tho.
Reecemac

4th Jan 11 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should perhaps list the limits for each car. So I can buy and tune them ready. Like the sound of an MX5 race tonight as im yet to do one, but if everyone has used them too much recently I don't mind.
chris_uk
Premium Member

4th Jan 11 at 17:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Should perhaps list the limits for each car. So I can buy and tune them ready. Like the sound of an MX5 race tonight as im yet to do one, but if everyone has used them too much recently I don't mind.

we have used them once lol
Reecemac

4th Jan 11 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I found the Integra quite good tbh, used it for the ff and a few more races in a-spec.
webbo_23

4th Jan 11 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

is there another mx5 race tonight? thought it was going to be a sunday thing?
Reecemac

4th Jan 11 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

we have used them once lol

Seemed to be a bit of MX5 talk thats why.
Reecemac

4th Jan 11 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by webbo_23
quote:

Maybe a warm up, lol I only said I like the sound of it, I dont mind tbh
chris_uk
Premium Member

4th Jan 11 at 17:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea, probabyl my fault that for hyping up how good fun a relativly small powered RWD car in a race can be, its not 'power' and 'speed' that make a race a great race
chris_uk
Premium Member

4th Jan 11 at 17:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

the 45 min races can be held on a sunday, i might even put together a mini league kinda thing, nothing too serious.
Ryan

4th Jan 11 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im more interested in the mx5's tbh, or the NSX's (alot of people seem to have these) or Elises.

Dont really want to race any FF cars, and i find the evo's/scoobys really really dull around a circuit.

Il just stick with whatever series your running Chris.
webbo_23

4th Jan 11 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

the 45 min races can be held on a sunday, i might even put together a mini league kinda thing, nothing too serious.

yeh i dont mind about the winning and all the rest of it - just like the little battles you get with people mid race - makes you try harder too because its people - not just the computer racing you

<<  181    182    183    184    185    186    187  >>

New Poll