corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Gran Turismo 5 - ***Monza - 20th Jan!!***

New Poll
  <<  17    18    19    20    21    22    23  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gran Turismo 5 - ***Monza - 20th Jan!!***
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
18th Nov 10 at 10:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have no doubt about it.
Ojc

18th Nov 10 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What in the name of fuck are you talking about, yes I fully appreciate you are excellent at driving simulators, I haven't for one second even thought how that relates to you driving in the real world.

I'm quite handy at COD MW2, I don't think for one second I am going to be able to be dropped into Beirut with a kalashinkov and go all John Matrix on their arses.
chris_uk
Premium Member

18th Nov 10 at 10:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you miss my point.
mwg

18th Nov 10 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is getting out of hand in here now. And it's all Steve's fault.
chris_uk
Premium Member

18th Nov 10 at 10:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but because i havent driven on a track in real life its almost as if i shouldnt know the difference between a good physics representation and a bad one.
Jamie-C

18th Nov 10 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ojc

18th Nov 10 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I haven't a clue what you are talking about Chris, nobody has suggested that and I haven't even mentioned game physics in this thread once.

I like Forza, to me it feels right.

End of story.

Regards

Oliver James Shitcunt
Butler

18th Nov 10 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
the impression i get is that because i havent been on track i shouldnt understand the technicalities behind driving a car fast on a track.

which doesnt let me qualify to say something id good or bad in a racing sim...

if ak come in here and said forza is shit and gt5 is the dogs nobody would question it.

[Edited on 18-11-2010 by chris_uk]

Mate Calm down
Tommy L

18th Nov 10 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul_J

18th Nov 10 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So what you are saying OJC, is that until Chris does a lap of the nurburgring for real that he is not a man?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFZDBuPBYsM < relevant.
chris_uk
Premium Member

18th Nov 10 at 11:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not uncalm, just getting an impression across..

it wasnt supposed be directed soley at ollie.

soz.

anyway, get tgat snippet read.
chris_uk
Premium Member

18th Nov 10 at 11:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is quite interesting..

"More serious drivers will love the fact that fuel depletion is now inter-connected to the power of the engine, it's aspiration and way of driving. Although I didn't research it yet in any longer race, menu clearly says that driving more aggressively, with revving into red-area and such will consume more fuel. I hope I'll have time to tackle both tire-wear and fuel-depletion today and it is clear it will add whole another dimension for online racing. I have no idea about brake-fade and such but I'll share any insights as soon as I realize them."
Steve
Premium Member

18th Nov 10 at 11:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy L

i bet that animals breath stinks almost as bad as those who have had input in this thread
Russ

18th Nov 10 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so, just like forza then?
chris_uk
Premium Member

18th Nov 10 at 11:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

even your own steve??
Paul_J

18th Nov 10 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
this is quite interesting..

"More serious drivers will love the fact that fuel depletion is now inter-connected to the power of the engine, it's aspiration and way of driving. Although I didn't research it yet in any longer race, menu clearly says that driving more aggressively, with revving into red-area and such will consume more fuel. I hope I'll have time to tackle both tire-wear and fuel-depletion today and it is clear it will add whole another dimension for online racing. I have no idea about brake-fade and such but I'll share any insights as soon as I realize them."

Yeah I read that and thought awesome! If you tune your engine and it drinks fuel like crazy and you give it death all the time you'll knacker the tyres / fuel faster... driving smoother and keeping revs low would help save fuel.

I think a lot of these ideas will be from where they entered the 24 hour nurburgring race and experienced it all first hand... having to preserve fuel and tyres etc.

I also like the thought of head tracking with a psEye .... I'm yet to know how well that'd work because if I turn my head too far I won't be looking at the screen but it'd be cool to be able to look into the corners a bit

The game sounds truely awesome and I can't wait to get it. I hope I get it in on Tuesday.
Russ

18th Nov 10 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[Edited on 18-11-2010 by Russ]
chris_uk
Premium Member

18th Nov 10 at 11:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

head tracking in games is a bit wierd, your eyes are still looking at the screen but your moving your head, what you need is a slightly bigger FOV and look into the corner yourself.
Steve
Premium Member

18th Nov 10 at 11:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
even your own steve??

not as bad as that
Paul_J

18th Nov 10 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

steve and ojc I think you should get a ps3 and gt5... you're missing out otherwise
chris_uk
Premium Member

18th Nov 10 at 11:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:
even your own steve??

not as bad as that

thats ok, i didn't want my cock smelling of dirty camel breath.
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

18th Nov 10 at 11:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
I'm quite handy at COD MW2, I don't think for one second I am going to be able to be dropped into Beirut with a kalashinkov and go all John Matrix on their arses.

LOLZ
Ojc

18th Nov 10 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
steve and ojc I think you should get a ps3 and gt5... you're missing out otherwise

No mate, for the price of a PS3 and the game I could do a real track day and enhance my Elite status even further.
Paul_J

18th Nov 10 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was that another dig at Chris and the fact he hasn't been on track before?
Ojc

18th Nov 10 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you want a full on punch in the face?

Is there a particular reason you don't reply to text messages? You honestly think you are better than me because you went to Uni you fucking student cunt.

I'm going mad here.

<<  17    18    19    20    21    22    23  >>

New Poll