corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » how to wire up remote c/locking? easy/hard?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author how to wire up remote c/locking? easy/hard?
sunnyb

User status: Offline
4th May 04 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just wondering weather or not this was a tough job and whats involved? its only a 3 door 94 l plate ls i wanna do it to!

any help much appreciated!

ta

sun
CorsaJunkie

4th May 04 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont think its a tough job. There are some servos that you need to put inside the doors and then run some wires from the servos into the 12volt power source.
If you want it to be remote controlled you ll have to find a cheap alarm kit which has a button for remote central locking, and connect the alarm box to the servos.
I had someone do it for me, and then when I opened the door panels I saw what an easy job it was, so the next thing that I wanted which was el.windows I did it myself
sunnyb

4th May 04 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bump
Chris R

5th May 04 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you can find a astra F then do a bit of parts swapping.

grab EVERYTHING in the doors and bolt it into yours. follow the harness through the car ( it goes under the seats) and grab everything that attaches to it.

from there find a ASTRA G and grab the module in the right kickpanel and the key that comes with the donor car.

this setup will net you FACTORY remote locking and depending on the astra F deadlocking as well.

New Poll