corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Gear linkage.....update

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gear linkage.....update
Siberia

User status: Offline
13th Oct 04 at 07:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will the gear linkage on an F10 box fit an F15

jesus i think i had the most stress full mottoring day every yesterday....

lost 5 gear on the way to work then driving in the city centre and i put the car in reverse and it goes forward then later 1st.. which i had to keep putting the gear stick in reverse to get it and 2nd decided to give up so i had to travel 8 miles with 3rd and 4th gear and every cnuting traffic light was read

i know its the linkage cos when i was put the engine in last week i noticed that one of the plastic ball joints had 'poped out' hammer and my long extension fixed that but obviously its after coming back out again.....

also how hard is it to do with the box still in the car?

[Edited on 13-10-2004 by Siberia]

[Edited on 14-10-2004 by Siberia]
Adam-D

13th Oct 04 at 07:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes it should do

mebbe its just slipped
lee mitchell

13th Oct 04 at 07:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

one of the rubbers split on my linkage once causing me to have no reverse and first was reverse
Siberia

13th Oct 04 at 08:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hope i can fix the one that in there at the moment other wise i'll have to go down the dump and try and find that f10 gearbox i fecked out
Adam-D

13th Oct 04 at 08:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dunno how much itll cost to send a gearbox to ireland...........
Siberia

13th Oct 04 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam-D
dunno how much itll cost to send a gearbox to ireland...........

lots and lots

this is the problem having a gsi engine theres only about 8 or 9 of them including my one in the country.....
Siberia

14th Oct 04 at 07:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just to follow up for those who want to read... i got under and had a look yesterday evening and the the plastic ball joint haddn't come loose again at all... for some reason.. maybe i didnt tighen it right but the selector rod that comes out of the bulk had come loose from the linkage..... i just reset the linkage and tighened the fecker up good and proper got all 5 gears again.

the altenator belt was falling off cos..... i knew there was was a part of doing the altenator that was going to be hard when i was doing the conversion last week and i dont remember it actually being hard..... thats cos i forgot to do it....i forgot to tighten up the main bolt that holds the altenator on i knew i heard something falling off on the motorway

anyways sorted that out toooo.

so shes back to terroize the streets
Adam-D

14th Oct 04 at 07:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New Poll