corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » nova gsi gear box on a corsa gsi

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author nova gsi gear box on a corsa gsi
gsi- fish

User status: Offline
   11th Apr 05 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi can anyone tell me if a nova gsi gear box will go on a corsa gsi ecotec model. ive been told that it will and with it been a 8v box it will make the car a lot faster on the bottom end please can anyone shed some light on this and tell me wether its true, if so will it go straight on or is there some modifying to be done. thanks.
James R

11th Apr 05 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Box will fit on.
If you find a box with a higher final drive in it, then you will rev more for the eqn speed, so will be quicker accelerating.

First thing you need to find out what finla you have in your GSi box. on the side of the gearbox, on the bottom edge, just above where the driveshaft is you clean it off anf it tells you what final you have in the box.
3.74, 3.94.
The higher the better, but it means you will be revving loads on the motorway
gsi- fish

11th Apr 05 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok thanks mate ill get it on the ramp tomor at work n have a look cheers.

New Poll