corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » very weird problem with my set up...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author very weird problem with my set up...
Jas

User status: Offline
22nd Aug 05 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im using a jl audio sub 12w3

and a jbl 75.4 amp

and for some reason when i turn the bass up and the volume the song comes on the goes off for 2 or 3 seconds the comes back on for 2 or three seconds and so on!!!

y is it doing this!!! hellllllp!

wouldnt be 2 bothered if my front comps where working but i havent set them up yet!

Will94

24th Aug 05 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its only when you crank it up, then it could be a number of things. But check ALL connections, earth your amp off to a peice of bare clean metal for starters
If its still doing it then with it turned up (so its flicking on and off) measure the voltage at the amp terminals with a multimeter. it will vary but only a tiny amount. If its jumping up and down loads then it'll be a weak power connection in the main +ve feed.

Other than that, could be a faulty remote lead from the head unit or something gone screwy within the amp
RKS

24th Aug 05 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get someone to check the lights on your amp and see if the protect light comes on, i used 2 experience this and i found out it was caused because my sub enclousures were too small!! and it was sending too much feedback from the sub back to the amp
Richie

24th Aug 05 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With you mate i can guarantee its a wiring problem to your sub, that amp you have is not designed to take 2 or 1 ohm which is probably what is being shown to the amp.
Jas

29th Aug 05 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Richie
With you mate i can guarantee its a wiring problem to your sub, that amp you have is not designed to take 2 or 1 ohm which is probably what is being shown to the amp.

ive got an old jbl gt4 in atm! il have 2 sell the jl one then rich yeah?

New Poll