corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » very quick MOT question - front number plate

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author very quick MOT question - front number plate
MR2Mike

User status: Offline
3rd Oct 05 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as some of you may have seen, my number plate has come off, as it was on with sticky pads and tigerseal rather than screws.... my MOT is on thursday.... do i need to fix it back on the bumper before then, or is it okay in the front window, seeing as it is visible and you dont need the front plate to be lit up ??

thanks
fragpot

3rd Oct 05 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The plate has to be at the front of the car. I cant remember the exact laws but when I got my trade plates it said they needed to be placed at the front and the windscreen didnt count as the front. In my MOT book it says something along the lines of:Condition (no cracks or marks that prevent it from being read), security (must be fixed to the car securely using screws of adhesive pads, legibility and format of letters/numbers.

A number plate must be displayed at the front and rear of motor vehicles (with some exceptions).
Number Plates must be easy to read and meet the British Standard.
Lettering should be black on a white plate at the front and a yellow at the rear.
The background surface should be reflex-reflecting but the characters must not.
There are separate requirements for traditional number plates displayed on vehicles constructed before 1 January 1973.
Lettering and spacing must be of a set size. They must conform to one of the groups shown at:- Number plates fitted after 1 September 2001 or Number plates fitted before 1 September 2001.
MR2Mike

4th Oct 05 at 00:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for that mate bastard drill is locked in garage and i cant get in - key snapped lmao, oh well. better borrow one before thursday lol

cheers again mate
ed

4th Oct 05 at 01:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just whack it back on with some adhesive pads or tiger seal
MR2Mike

4th Oct 05 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats wat was holding it on before mate, then i found plate on floor in wigan

New Poll