corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » After market air filter & Engine Management light

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author After market air filter & Engine Management light
Smee

User status: Offline
20th Nov 05 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fitted a performance cone airfilter 3 days ago and i've just noticed the engine management lights come on.

i don;t see y but has any only else come across this before after installing an air filter.

cheeers stew
antscorsa

20th Nov 05 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what happend with my 12v corsa b, and eventualy fucked the engine good and proper, mite juts be mine tho
Smee

21st Nov 05 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had it before but that was when the exhust sensor went, put the standard filter back on just to see if it makes a dif
VegasPhil
Premium Member

21st Nov 05 at 13:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it a 1.2 16v?

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
shaun191

21st Nov 05 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i put a performance filter on my 12v corsa and within days the engine management light kept coming on and then going off again and i was having problems with loss of power when i put my foot down, it turned out that the air filter had damages my Mass Air Flow meter which cost me £60 to replace.

The problems get worse untill the point your car has very little power at its top end, very common problem in 1.0L 12v and 1.2 16v !!! Putting your original filter does not fix it either.

ryansss

21st Nov 05 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or it might just be too much hot air going in. I was getting constant flat spots if I was heavy on the gas in second and 3rd. Also it caused my engine management light to flash on and off like a christmas tree.

I now have a heat shield and a extra air feed. problem has gone.
dna23

21st Nov 05 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

set up some decent cold air feeds and the problem shall be fine:

New Poll