corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » standard ISO cable, what does the big block do? tweeters?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author standard ISO cable, what does the big block do? tweeters?
Stokie Dave

User status: Offline
21st Nov 05 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all, fitted a JVC Head Unit into my car today, model KD G611 and also added an autoleads adaptor extention thing as the original ISO is so short. However the original ISO has 3 blocks. One for power etc, one for speaker cables, then a slightly bigger 3rd block which is no longer being used by my new stereo. The autoleads extention has the red and yellow "pre-swapped" so it saves settings... but my tweeters no longer work. Is this something to do with the larger block? Mostly it looks empty but theres about 4 or 5 wires linked in it which obviously aren't being used.

So, is this bigger 3rd block important? I'm fitting new components on wednesday so I'm assuming I can take the typical speaker cable from the midbass in the front doors into a crossover and up to me new tweeter anyway... but still interested in the use of this 3rd block.

Cheers
Rob_Corsa

21st Nov 05 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The extra block is for interfacing with the MFD. As for the tweeters not working, they are paired off the door speaker wires so shouldnt have been affected.

Rob
Stokie Dave

21st Nov 05 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll recheck the tweeters but its not really an issue as I'm swapping the speakers on wednesday

cheers for the reply rob!

New Poll