corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Curved Tyre Walls! Which tyres are best!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Curved Tyre Walls! Which tyres are best!
mwg

User status: Offline
25th Jan 06 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Following on from my post a couple of weeks ago I looked at my tyres this morning and 2 of them aren't so good and the other aren't much better. Still legal.... just

So I need 4 new tyres! Have ideas about which tyres are good and which are not but I need to know which tyres have the best tyre walls e.g. the most curved so less scrubbing!

My Toyo Proxes have quite a curved side wall but apart from that I dont know what other brands have curved side walls and wouldn't mind a change.

Can people say which tyres are known to have curved walls

Thanks!
VegasPhil
Premium Member

25th Jan 06 at 09:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get the Toyos again

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Rob B

25th Jan 06 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Although i havent had any i would say toyo's do seem to have quite curved side walls ... Ive bought some nankangs cause my mate has some and they also seem to be quite curved..
broster
Premium Member

25th Jan 06 at 10:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

contis sport contacts or michlin pilot exalto both have flange protectors
mwg

25th Jan 06 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Toyos are quite curved but for some reason they look like a higher profile than 40 even though they are 40 profile?!

Broster when you say flange protectors you mean to protect against wheel kerbing?
broster
Premium Member

25th Jan 06 at 10:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes
Ant

25th Jan 06 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as you said Toyo's seem to be the way forward where curved sidewalls are concerned, I always used them for that reason when I was running 17's
mwg

25th Jan 06 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think I'll have to go along to my tyre supplier and have a deeks at some of the tyres to see what the tyre walls are like for myself as wouldn't mind trying something different to Toyos if I can find some with similar curved tyre walls...
Tiger_kpt

25th Jan 06 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've used Nankang for a couple of years now. Well priced and damn decent performance. Plus don't wear too badly.
5chaap2k

25th Jan 06 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

toyo proxes T1-R f0r t3h w1n!

[Edited on 25-01-2006 by 5chaap2k]

New Poll