corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Gearbox

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gearbox
J20PHL

User status: Offline
6th Sep 06 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

guys if i supply a gearbox how much would i be looking at to get it fitted at a garage

Or is it easy enough to do it myself?

Its X16XE
Gregor

6th Sep 06 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

engine has to come out if its an x16xe afaik mate.

So quite a few hours labour !
Robin
Premium Member

7th Sep 06 at 02:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmm, i wouldnt say the engine has to come out. i got my engine out with the gearbox in, so it must be possible the other way

it'll take ages though

and tbh, if you need to ask, you need to get someone else to do it i reckon
pallen

9th Sep 06 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i took my gearbox out last night, fitted a clutch replaced the box and then renewed my starter motor as it was duff. it took me three hours. easy job. remove the shafts and gear linkage and clutch cable battery and battery tray.. undo top box bolts. 3 19mm then get underneath. support engine and box. undo side and back mount. remove side mount. lower anti roll bar. undo the rest of the box bolts 15mm and 19mm. leave starter in situe. and the box is out. gear linkage is just one pinch bolt. battery tray is 4 bolts gearbox has about eight bolts. back mount=1 bolt side mount is 5 bolts. easy. good luck. any garage shouldn't charce more than 5hours. about 200 tops
alex_gsi

9th Sep 06 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i did my c16xe without taking the engine out, but had to take the tie rod off to get the gearbox to clear. didnt take long as i had an engine support brace then used a jack under the box.

New Poll