corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa c20xe conversion questions...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa c20xe conversion questions...
corsa_rob

User status: Offline
   24th Apr 08 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right just a few quick ones...

1.) what will i find a c20xe in aka...calibra, astra...but from what years, and which models..(gsi,sri,gls?) cause im guessing i dont want an ecotec lump

2.)advice on sourcing the engine...in experience...what shall i go for, a running lump in a car, engine sold as parts, or get one from a already converted corsa/nova etc

3.) shall i rebuild...depending on what engine comes out of?

4.) i need an M-tech conversion kit? and an engine/f20? box...what else?

5.) emission/MOT things on should know, registering the car...what needs to be done,etc?

6.)what performance we talking...standard 150 bhp lump (know it will have lost some)?

7.)c20xe the soundest lump? they have any known problems?

8.)overhaul of engine...new sparks, plugs, filters, oil, belts ,etc...anyone list it all??

9.)am i stupid?

car is a 1998 corsa 1.4 16v if helps at all...looking for answers into whole conversion...and basically someone to tell me how to do it/do it for free

ALL HELP WOULD BE GREAT LADS! as its abit hard to find information on conversions i find...IM DEFO NOT A MECHANIC!!! but i do fancy doing this one myself, even if it takes me 6 months

cheers rob
Luke

24th Apr 08 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can get an engine from V.P.S.C ( vauxhall performance spares center ). will give you up to 3 months warrenty aswell. think they do a full engine & running gear for £650
corsa_rob

24th Apr 08 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lyfie
you can get an engine from V.P.S.C ( vauxhall performance spares center ). will give you up to 3 months warrenty aswell. think they do a full engine & running gear for £650

interesting mate i'll have a look into that...thats down essex way though aint it?
Luke

24th Apr 08 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah they are, they deliver for £35. plus there really good with the warrenty side of things aswell
corsa_rob

24th Apr 08 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lyfie
yeah they are, they deliver for £35. plus there really good with the warrenty side of things aswell

aslong as i get the conversion done within 3 months im on my tod with only 1 more pair of hands to lend a hand on the weekends, so could be a long dark road
Luke

24th Apr 08 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

me & my mate done mine in 3days after the engine got delivered so ive got the most out of my warrenty, still got untill the end of april aswell
corsa_rob

24th Apr 08 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right well you need to start writing me some answers to my questions haha!...and a how to guide for the whole conversion please thank you lol

New Poll