corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » fuel and fumes smell

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author fuel and fumes smell
dwcars1.4

User status: Offline
19th May 08 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when ever i start up the car im getting a strong fuel smell but once the car warms up it stops, any idea wat this could be????
joes_1.4_16v_sport

19th May 08 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Choke?
dwcars1.4

19th May 08 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah im taking medicine for that m8 pmsl
i dont even know wat the choke looks liek lol
baz08

19th May 08 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had the same problem with mine, stong smell of petrol when first got in it, but it wore off, leaking fuel tank, or breather pipe, best get it looked at asap, afterall where there are fumes, any saprk or cigarette butt could blow it, worst case scenario of course but stranger things have happened, it it turns out to be fuel tank can get them cheap from ebay, bout £50 new delivered.

[Edited on 19-05-2008 by baz08]
dwcars1.4

20th May 08 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah will get a m8 of mine to look at it, i just got a new tank fitted at last mot and iv had a good look under it and cant find anything but i dnt know wat im looking for lol
will let yas know how i get on

New Poll