corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » molex?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author molex?
FAZ
Premium Member

User status: Offline
12th Jun 08 at 18:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone know what on earth a molex connector is and what it does / how?
is there anyway of getting one into just a normal pos / neg wire
because the ones ive seen are blocks you plug in to whatever? is this right?

cheers, neil
oceansoul

12th Jun 08 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A molex connecter is inside your PC, used to supply +12VDC +5VDC and grounds to drives (dvd, HDD etc) inside your computer case. look like these

FAZ
Premium Member

12th Jun 08 at 18:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool, i bought some led tubing with those on, isit possible to chop the block off and just use a pos / neg wire like in a normal neon / led tube?

[Edited on 12-06-2008 by thrill1258]
oceansoul

12th Jun 08 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye that it is. The reason it had molex on is prolly because you bought LED tubes for PC. (which is cheaper than buying them marketed for cars lol) just chop off the molex and connect to +12V and ground in the car. I belive the yellow on the molex is +12, but i would wiki it if i was you, just to be certian.
FAZ
Premium Member

12th Jun 08 at 19:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

o have i? well i didnt intent todo that haha, are they not weatherproof then?
oceansoul

12th Jun 08 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where are you planning to mount them? i wouldnt put them under the car, as they will prolly break. all the ones ive seen for computers are not very strong. They fine for putting in foot wells, but i dont know how they would cope underneath a car
FAZ
Premium Member

12th Jun 08 at 19:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only behind a badgless grill, ill put them inside then, afterall that needs some too. anyone recommend any multi function 12v led (blue) strips for exterior use, about 12" is fine, 15" at the most?
ed

12th Jun 08 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Molex is the name of a company who makes connectors. There are many, many, many different types of molex connectors. I even have a catalouge

New Poll