corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » induction kits with certain engines

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author induction kits with certain engines
whitter45

User status: Offline
   14th Apr 03 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right fellas recently bought a BFO cone for my 1.2 8v. i was told by many people that they a crap on 8v's and really dont work on the 1.2. however i have found that it makes so much difference to the sound of the engine. it sounds really good. does anyone have any views on this
Gambit

14th Apr 03 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

an induction kit will make a car feel more respnsive, it wont give any real top end power gains.

i still think they sound poor on 8v's compared to 16v's
KITcorsa

14th Apr 03 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a 1.2 sxi can some one tell me a decent induction kit to get! i want one that sound wicked an gives more pick up!

is it right that once fitted you have to get engine retune due to the mass of air intake!
whitter45

14th Apr 03 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well yes and no. i have been told to reset my ecu but havent got round it it yet. engine is running fine with just the standard set up. just remember when fitting it to try and position it as far away from the exhaust pipes as possible cos u dont want hot air being sucked in as u will not get the benefit of the induction kit. in my opinion get a pvd BFO thay are huge and sound wicked. my mate has a pipercross which is also good but i rate the bfo
Demo

14th Apr 03 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

16v engines have more of a roar with them, but that doesnt mean that they dont sound tidy on an 8v engine
KITcorsa

14th Apr 03 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if and when i fit one it will get done the same time as i fit my front! eather a air dam or dietrich rs and ill flit a cold air feed though the mesh and also use tie wraps to hold the original pipe to the box on to bring air in though the grill!

New Poll