corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » CD player - sorted, just one last issue

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author CD player - sorted, just one last issue
Haimsey
Premium Member

User status: Offline
4th Mar 09 at 23:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is why i am keeping my standard VX radio in VeeTwo.
I hate ICE, literally hate ICE.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

4th Mar 09 at 23:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He doesn't need a converter block trust me.

The only thing a Halfords converter does to a Corsa B is swap the permanent and switched live feeds over from the vauxhall original wiring to all aftermarket headunit wiring - it does nothing else.

Even if the power cables aren't swapped, the unit will still power up as long as the wires are getting the power from the car properly, it just won't keep the memory.

The JVC wiring block you have is just an extender, purely so you can reach to plug it in or not. Try what I said above, and then ring me with your findings
Haimsey
Premium Member

4th Mar 09 at 23:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ill be giving everything a bash on Saturday

Marcy Marc

Haimsey
Premium Member

4th Mar 09 at 23:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

c u n t

Marcy Marc

Haimsey
Premium Member

4th Mar 09 at 23:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL

Marcy Marc

sand-eel

4th Mar 09 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cunt
sampayne21

4th Mar 09 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom_simes
He doesn't need a converter block trust me.

The only thing a Halfords converter does to a Corsa B is swap the permanent and switched live feeds over from the vauxhall original wiring to all aftermarket headunit wiring - it does nothing else.

Even if the power cables aren't swapped, the unit will still power up as long as the wires are getting the power from the car properly, it just won't keep the memory.

The JVC wiring block you have is just an extender, purely so you can reach to plug it in or not. Try what I said above, and then ring me with your findings

you are very correct
Mistamist

5th Mar 09 at 00:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i havent read the whole thread i just saw the pics, you have a stereo compatible with the vauxhall 3 plug iso connector, take out the extension your using and connect it direct to the loom on the car, you may need to take out the ashtray so you can get the wires in from underneath. also should give you radio display on the MFD on the dash.
sampayne21

5th Mar 09 at 00:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M15T XE
i havent read the whole thread i just saw the pics,

you really need to read it lol
Mistamist

5th Mar 09 at 01:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if it works then problem solved, if it doesnt then the problem either lies with the actual loom on the car or the stereo. take the extension out of the equation.
Haimsey
Premium Member

5th Mar 09 at 11:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh right, i didnt know there was an extender with it.

She doesnt have an MFD Poverty spec FTL

Marcy Marc

Haimsey
Premium Member

8th Mar 09 at 22:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for peoples help.

I got my hands on a circuit tester and had a play, nigh on the point of giving up and burning the car along with the CD player i decided one last attempt might sort it.
Finally found the ignition live in teh block connected to the car - after finding 8.5v's coming through the earth (brown)
Turns out the red and blue wire was the ignition live

So then decided to swap the wires around accordingly in the extender i had

Success.....

He says.

The stereo now works without the key in the ignition and remains on when the ignition is turned on and then off also. Is this right? Is there anything i should check?

And the front left speaker is all that works, but i think this is because i didnt swap the speaker wires around But ill check that when i can.

Marc

[Edited on 08-03-2009 by Haimsey]

Marcy Marc

tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

8th Mar 09 at 22:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So Marc, when you take the key out, the radio still works?

Does it keep its memory, ie radio stations, place on the cd etc?

About the speakers - just double check the fader settings on it, and make sure its not set to front and left - I've known it done before!
Haimsey
Premium Member

8th Mar 09 at 22:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im going to check the wires to the speakers as the previous owners have put aftermarket things in the front. Gay.

Yeah and yes it has memory.
Although my standard VX cd player in VeeTwo comes on without the key in the ignition, but if it were on when the car was running and i switch off and pull out - it would go off its self. Emma's doesnt do this

Marcy Marc

tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

8th Mar 09 at 22:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So when you pull they key out, you need to manually turn the player off? Is it the same when you start the car again, you need to manually turn it back on?

Will it turn on without any keys in there at all?

Mine does the same as your VeeTwo, but that could be because they are Sport models and come with different wiring to the lower models, I'm not sure.

Anyway, it sounds as though the unit is receiving two permanent live feeds, rather than one permanent to keep the memory and one ignition to turn it on and off. That isn't a problem in itself, as long as Emma remembers to turn it off every time she leaves the car!
Haimsey
Premium Member

8th Mar 09 at 23:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, need to manually turn it on/off regardless.

Turns on with out any form of key at all

I think she is just happy to have it working so i guess having to turn it off each time is better than it not working at all She will just have to get used to it.

Thanks for your help Tom, youre a star

Do poverty spec corsa's come with rear speakers?
She doesnt have any and im thinking maybe they were removed to fit aftermarket stuff too....?

Ill fit her them out of V947 but thats another days work.

[Edited on 08-03-2009 by Haimsey]

Marcy Marc

tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

8th Mar 09 at 23:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not sure, my old 1993 LS did, but I know of other later ones that didn't - just stick your hand up inside the boot side trim and see if you can feel any in there.

No problems mate, anytime

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll