corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » tappy noise c20xe

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author tappy noise c20xe
Kieran
Premium Member

User status: Offline
15th Oct 09 at 01:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alright peeps just had pretty much brand new build, new oil 8 new valves head gasket Mani gasket. The works. It was fine for few days then developed a tappy noise. Not to bad when engine is cold but once started for like 5 mins it starts to tapp could this be top end or bottom. It sounds like top. I think it's top but iv been told it may be bottom but the bottom end would thud. It runs fine just tappy. Begining to bug me. So was going to either change or clean lifters. Cheers
Sean-B

15th Oct 09 at 06:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you leave the litters in oil during the rebuild to keep the oil inside them?
Kieran
Premium Member

15th Oct 09 at 16:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

woops no LOL. Could that be it. How much are new ones and how can I cheak how many are gone. Cheers
Terry12

15th Oct 09 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New set of lifters is £130 from Autovaux, They're Genuine INA which Vauxhall use. Don't get the cheap ebay ones.
redtom

15th Oct 09 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you just repeat what i say to you and put it in your own words. its the lifters as i said lol. its not the bottom end as i also said when i heard it you gay. what oil did you use by the way
Kieran
Premium Member

15th Oct 09 at 16:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_power
you just repeat what i say to you and put it in your own words. its the lifters as i said lol. its not the bottom end as i also said when i heard it you gay. what oil did you use by the way

err 10 40. I'm not that stupid LOL. Get your little ass round mine and check this shitty car then please. LOL.
alan-g-w

15th Oct 09 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sean-B
Did you leave the litters in oil during the rebuild to keep the oil inside them?

I had my lifters in a tupperware tub for about 2 months between taking them out and rebuilding the top end, ie no oil around them, just left what little oil there was on them when i took them out. The oil only comes out if you squeeze the bottom anyway.

And the main point in writing this is, mine was tappety before but when re-fitted it went silent which was a pleasant surprise.

If it's only doing it when it's up to temperature I'd say you might want to try thicker oil.
redtom

15th Oct 09 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

old XEs are meant to have 15 40 in according to vaux im sure. whack some 15 40 in. who built the head back up again? lol or do i not want to know..

New Poll