corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » done fronts! But the rears now! How u remove rear shocks? Bolt at top keeps spinning?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author done fronts! But the rears now! How u remove rear shocks? Bolt at top keeps spinning?
jon-valver

User status: Offline
   11th Apr 10 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

propa buga got the bottom 17mm bolt undone but then i took the cover off in back of car for the top bolts, but they just keep spinning (i even put the 17mm bolt back in at bottom to see if the top one would stop spinnin but no the top half of the shock just spins lol) so how do i get the rear shock out???????? And the spring to put my short 100mm ones in? Cheers guys big help when i did fronts btw cheers!
jon-valver

11th Apr 10 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

propa duin ma head in lol ive just looked on the tuturial thing an it sez it will screw out but it just wont? Just spins and sort of clicks its got like 3 layers of rubber under it too. Its the one in the boot under the cover btw jus to make sure
jon-valver

11th Apr 10 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

propa duin ma head in lol ive just looked on the tuturial thing an it sez it will screw out but it just wont? Just spins and sort of clicks its got like 3 layers of rubber under it too. Its the one in the boot under the cover btw jus to make sure
ledbury

11th Apr 10 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when ive done it ive used grips or a spanner small enough to hold the bit that spins to grip it then undo the top bolt
davieslim

11th Apr 10 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its just the springs you replacing them uno the bottom shocker bolts and use a trolley jack to support the axle and move it to get the bolts back in
jon-valver

11th Apr 10 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, ile try what do you put the spanner round the top of the nut type thing and just try undo the bolt? What size small spanner? Cheers
jon-valver

11th Apr 10 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and im relacing both springs and shock so need it off lol. jus need it to stop spinnin so i can get the bolt undone and off
davieslim

11th Apr 10 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

angle grinder or hacksaw for quickness, i use an impact gun to get mines on and off
jon-valver

11th Apr 10 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah thought of angle grinder but last resort lol thought i could save old shock just in case lol
Gav Corsa

11th Apr 10 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i used molegrips, i did mine last week lol
arizona ste

12th Apr 10 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well first thing is to get the spanner on and another little spanner on the top i think its a 7 mil if that just rounds then take the plastic guard thing off (cut it off) then get some mole grips and just get them on as tight as they will go and get someone to hold them or wedge them somewhere while you loosen the nut at the top off hope this helps
Daveskater
Premium Member

12th Apr 10 at 12:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are flats machined into the top of the piston so you can use a spanner to hold it whilst undoing the nut, it is 6mm. I bought a 6mm spanner but it was tiny and didn't look that strong but it did the job. Alternatively you can use a small adjustable spanner as that will have more meat on it.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures

New Poll