corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » car wouldnt start..makes a click noise

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author car wouldnt start..makes a click noise
ash-ov-boro

User status: Offline
   3rd Jun 10 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello CS people

VAUXHALL CORSA
1998-R-reg
1.0/12v

well .. i will explain as much as i can woke up on wednesday morning went out to the car put the key in turned it nothing there apart from a clicking noise from the engine bay all the dash lights ect came on so tried lights they where dim like candles lol.. so charged the battery up over night put it on the car on the morning turned it it still clicked but you could here some thing turning this time it was the fly wheels with the belt on it that was turning so few of my mates told me it was the starter motor thought i would mention it had been stood for a few weeks without been touched.. so a mate of mine towed me to his house & put it in his garrage and was ment to be looking at it today but he took the kids out for the day so nothing got done today

was just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem before & if they solved it at all and how if you wouldnt mind saying cheers guys
reidy22

3rd Jun 10 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

be the battery mate put a booster pack on it an itll fire straite up
Adam_B

4th Jun 10 at 00:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need a new battery, its the starter motor thats clicking because there isnt enough power to turn it over.

The battery you want is an 063, local car acessory place or motorfactors will have them on the shelf.
ash-ov-boro

4th Jun 10 at 01:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not long ago had a new battery and i have charged it up the other night the indicator window on the battery is green so its good .. any other sugestions i was going to be buying a starter motor today for the car £25 from a breakers
mike56gte

4th Jun 10 at 01:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try hitting the starter with a hammer it could be seized.
ash-ov-boro

4th Jun 10 at 01:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will try that tomorrow mate when im down my mates garrage thats what i think it might be mate starter motor jammed thanks mike .. ve google searched it and alot of the time its been sorted with a new starter motor seems like a thing with theese 1.0 12v's
ash-ov-boro

4th Jun 10 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tried new starter motor still the same any ideas what else it could be ?
ash-ov-boro

4th Jun 10 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

need some help despretley got insured wednesday and still havnt got to drive the car come on guys help me out please
Edges 58

4th Jun 10 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you tried checkin all the earth connections???
sri_baby

4th Jun 10 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its easy enough to take the starter motor apart a grease the solanoid and just give it a overall clean inside or as Edges 58 say it could be a loose earth
ash-ov-boro

4th Jun 10 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorted now it was the spring down next to the alternator that had seized up put a bit of wd40 on it and it fired up glad its working now thanks to thoose who tried to help me out cheers guys

New Poll