corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » g33k Router help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author g33k Router help
Jambo

User status: Offline
16th Nov 10 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My xbox told me it needs an "a" network to connect to for best performance but aparently at the moment my network is configured as a "b" or "g" network, could this be the reason i get randomly booted from xboxl and even thought i have a 12mb broadband connection still get massive lag!?
Russ

16th Nov 10 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What router do you have, what xbox have you got?
moka

16th Nov 10 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

with A B and G networks you must be referring to wireless.

A came first and ran at 54mbps, but runs on a frequency that is prone to major interference such as coreless phones microwaves etc etc

B then was invented to get around the interference but they had to drop the speed to 11mbps... this worked well.

G was then invented which had the same speed as A but got around the interference.

You say your already on G... This is in my opinion the best to be on (other than maybe N which is faster).

To be frank with you, wireless is always going to create a little bit of lag compaired to wired no matter what band.

Your internet on the other hand which is completely unrelated to your internal wireless network may be the issue, maybe someone else is downloading, maybe you have utorrent/limewire running etc eating up your bandwidth. to eliminate this, turn off all other pcs and just have your xbox running.

Other factors such as playing on an american server could be the issue.

If all else fails, ditch wireless and go wired. Wireless gaming is frowned upon tbh with you.

[Edited on 16-11-2010 by moka]
Brett
Premium Member

16th Nov 10 at 14:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm guessing running a wire isn't an option? I know you have trouble configuring too because of the setup, so maybe use Homeplugs to setup a network straight to the router?

[Edited on 16-11-2010 by loafofbrett]
dan_m1les

16th Nov 10 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With gaming it has to be wired for me, I ran a 30m ethernet cable to my room from the router to solve this issue.
Eck
Premium Member

16th Nov 10 at 14:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What router is it? And go into your Xbox internet settings and see what NAT it is. Nat 3 is bollocks. Had that with my old Belkin, and no matter how many ports were forwarded, it was still bollocks.

New Poll