corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Advice about new clutch please...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Advice about new clutch please...
kz

User status: Offline
19th Jan 11 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi the clutch is almost gone on my mum's Corsa B 1.0 12v. She got a quote fitted of over £450 from our local garage... Mr Clutch however said £175, I said to phone back and make sure that's a fitted price as there's such a difference! She was thinking about getting another car soon anyway, so she just wants the cheapest possible way of getting through the next few weeks/months until she can make a final decision.

The clutch went on my old CRX many moons ago and there was a cable you could adjust in the engine bay to change the biting point...

By doing this I got another few weeks out of it. Some little bodge like this could be ideal! Is there anything similar for the Corsa B? One more note whilst I'm at, where's the best place to get a battery...

Again doesn't have to be powerful or last very long tbh, cheapest quote wins here! Halfords are charging something like £75, I'm sure you can get them for half that. Thanks.
JaffaTB

19th Jan 11 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try tightening/loosening the clutch cable to see if you can make it last a bit longer, if i was selling mine in a few weeks or months and the clutch was almost gone i'd just try to live with it til i got rid
kz

19th Jan 11 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How do I get to the clutch cable... I take it you don't mean simply underneath the pedal?

I'm not even going to be screwing anyone over as mostly likely the car will get scrapped when mum's done with it, bit of a heap now lol.
JaffaTB

19th Jan 11 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

under the bonnet, directly infront on where the battery is but lower down, on top of the gearbox you will see an arm with the cable going into it, push the arm towards the windscreen and you will see the nut on the threaded bit on the end, try adjusting that and see if its any better

New Poll