corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » PS3 properly cracked this time

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PS3 properly cracked this time
A2H GO

User status: Offline
12th Jan 11 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL, is what he's done technically illegal?
John

12th Jan 11 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They just want it taken down so far, expected they'll go after them after that.

Also depends what way you look at it, Sony have had success in banning chipping before, this isn't the same but do the judges who decide really know this?

[Edited on 12-01-2011 by John]
Reecemac

17th Jan 11 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bump! Wankinkoko's CFW is out with full peek/poke, in other words allows backed up games on 3.55 w/o a dongle or any shit. Don't attempt if you have a 60gb console or it will get bricked! Just backing up some of my brothers games to my HDD
stubs

17th Jan 11 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shit maan, serious? Any links to how this is done? Ive got a 40gb console but got 2tb nas if they can play from that? If not, I've got a 500gb drive I can spare for the ps3.

Can the backups be played online ok? Only interested in COD blacks ops and singstar "for her"
Reecemac

17th Jan 11 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check out psx-scene.com, read it very carefully many people have bricked their consoles doing it but aslong as you do it properly it will be fine. Just installed cod now so will try it. Just install the 500gb don't think you can load it via your nas.
stubs

17th Jan 11 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it works for you, any chance you could guide me? I really want to do it but don't wanna f-up
Reecemac

17th Jan 11 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

COD 100% works, online now with GT5 in the discdrive
Reecemac

17th Jan 11 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everything is in this tutorial, check your model number first http://psx-scene.com/forums/f187/custom-firmware-tutorials-waninkoko-cfw-3-55-compatible-incompatible-models-list-added-76406/
stubs

17th Jan 11 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome news! Thanks for the link, I'll have a read.
What software do you use to rip your games onto your ps3?
Reecemac

17th Jan 11 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iv got multiman installed at the min and it seems good.
Brett
Premium Member

11th Feb 11 at 11:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Sony's Case Against PS3 Hackers Building Steam
Company now going after anyone and everyone linked to PS3 hack. Kevin Butler isn't helping.

quote:

Sony has already convinced a district court judge that PlayStation 3 jailbreaker George "GeoHot" Hotz must pull all of his how-to PS3 hacks from the Internet and turn over his hardware. Emboldened, the Japanese tech giant is now hunting for the entire FailOverflow hacker group and anyone and everyone else that posts or distributes the PS3 hacks online. Ironically, that means Sony will now be going after its own fictional spokesperson, Kevin Butler.

Last week, US District Judge Susan Illston ruled that 21-year-old Hotz likely breached the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and ordered the New Jersey resident to remove his PS3 hack video from YouTube and pull the METLDT root key code from his personal website -- Hotz promptly complied. Illston also ruled that Hotz must surrender his computers by tomorrow.

Arstechnica reports that, based on its early victory, Sony is now demanding that a federal judge order Twitter to provide the identities of the as-yet anonymous other members of the FailOverflow hacker group. Further, the company is also pushing for Google to surrender the IP addresses and identification of anyone that has re-posted the jailbreak info online or even viewed or commented on the PS3 hack video on YouTube.

Oddly enough, Sony is already well acquainted with one person that unwittingly helped to spread the PS3 root key -- actor Jerry Lambert, aka Kevin Butler, PS3 PR man and "VP of Gamer Inspiration." (Or, at least the person who manages the official Kevin Butler twitter account.)

As Engadget reports, Linux and Mac enthusiast Travis La Marr tweeted the PS3 root key code at Butler with the message "come at me @TheKevinButler." That one tweet in the sea of tweets on Butler's Twitter account likely would have gone unnoticed if the person who manages TheKevinButler didn't respond to the message with a tweet of his own, re-tweeting the root key code to the account's nearly 70,000 followers with the response, "Lemme guess... You sank my Battleship?"

Sony has since removed the tweets and likely added Travis La Marr to its lengthy list of people to sue.

So what's next for Hotz et al? First, Hotz is scheduled to appear in court today to argue against turning over his hardware tomorrow (hardware that likely holds the keys to tracking down the FailOverflow members immediately). Next, Sony is seeking unspecified damages against Hotz, claiming the hacks have and will continue to eat into game sales for the 41 million PlayStation 3 units sold. Judge Illston has yet to specify a date for for the damages hearing.

alan-g-w

11th Feb 11 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd love to know what all of that means.
Ojc

11th Feb 11 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
Dom

11th Feb 11 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w

Sony fucked up, shat it pants and is now trying to bum rape anyone remotely connected to the PS3 hack!
luciaadr

11th Feb 11 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Reecemac
Everything is in this tutorial, check your model number first http://psx-scene.com/forums/f187/custom-firmware-tutorials-waninkoko-cfw-3-55-compatible-incompatible-models-list-added-76406/

INvalid thread

Quite keen on doing this

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll