corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » C20xe no power

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C20xe no power
Jerryatric

User status: Offline
18th Jul 11 at 07:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi everyone, I'm new here and to vauxhalls, just taken a corsa b in part ex it has a c20xe (with coilpack) I took the car upto York raceway last weekend, and was quite disappointed with the times, only managed a 15.4 at 88mph then on the way home the car started missing and hesitating, got home and went back to it midweek and it was running better but was really down on power, I could floor it in 1st in the wet and it would just pull away really steadily and it doesn't get any better higher in the rev range, I've put new plugs and leads on it and it's still the same, a few people have suggested the air flow meter, could it be and if so can I test it some how and can I remove it? It's the 6pin plug type,

Thanks in advance
Marc
johnhara1

18th Jul 11 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is the engine management light wired up? It should come on with ignition and then go off.

fazza

18th Jul 11 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try unplugging the AFM with the engine running and see if it makes a difference
Jerryatric

18th Jul 11 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes it is, and the light goes off as it should, i unplugged the afm and the engine light came on and stayed on, so I turned it off straight away
fazza

18th Jul 11 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did it run the same with it unplugged
Jerryatric

18th Jul 11 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The idle went lumpy, then I shut it off didn't try to drive it though, should I try driving it with the afm unplugged?
fazza

18th Jul 11 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

keep it running and try revving it up the range

if runs similar to how it did before, u have a fucked afm
Jerryatric

18th Jul 11 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just un plugged the afm again and tried taking it for a run, struggled to keep it going and flat without it connected, reconnected it and it's running loads better but still not 100% when I've been out in mates novas and corsas with xe's in they've felt so much faster, there is a slight blow on the exhaust on the decat pipe but that wouldn't make it run so poorly would it? Any suggestions gratefully recieved
Jerryatric

18th Jul 11 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't know much about the engine I'm sure it's all standard apart from a power cap and cone filter, I've heard good and bad about this, should I try a standard sfi box?
reecegsi

18th Jul 11 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It wouldnt make any difference with sfi box connected and did you change afm??? check for air leak?? make sure injectors are connected properly my mates one the loom used to pull away from the injectors when he floored it and used to hold back and go as if it was dying
johnhara1

19th Jul 11 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it's missing and hesitating have you tried another coil?

If you've ran it low on fuel, could be a blocked injector (had this with a mates xe the other week)

Look for air leaks around the throttle body / power cap area too, the pipework goes brittle and splits.

New Poll