corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Misfire/spluttering/popping?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Misfire/spluttering/popping?
c16-jake

User status: Offline
24th Jan 12 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My C16xe corsa seems to Missfire underload between 2k-3k, it will splutter Missfire and then pop real loud?
I've changed the plugs, leads, fuel filter, fuel pump? but it's still persistent! any ideas on stuff to check/change would me appreciated
Ian
Site Administrator

24th Jan 12 at 16:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Coil pack would be the next thing.
c16-jake

24th Jan 12 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate just changed coil pack and it's still the same :s? The engines been fine regular oil plugs ect ect but recently i used some stp injector cleaner for the first time could this be my problem? I've used 30-40ltrs of different petrol since and the problem seems to be getting worst, could I have a injector fault of some sort. blocked? Broken?
Generation

24th Jan 12 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Checked for Vacumn leaks?
Ian
Site Administrator

25th Jan 12 at 04:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its an intermittent and immediate loss of power right?

If its popping that would indicate the fuel is present but it's not igniting every stroke, which would look to be electrical.

Vacuum leak would just give you a weak mixture and less power, plus some smoke wouldn't it?
c16-jake

25th Jan 12 at 06:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah loss of power, If I set off from traffic lights fast it just missfires, splutters and then picks up and goes normal up to 6-7k? Seems to do it more when the engine is up to temp?
matt u

26th Jan 12 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Jake,
It could also be that the outer crank pully has slipped round on the keyway causing the crank sensor to read incorrectly or worse still the the crank cog this also has a key that wears..
c16-jake

26th Jan 12 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think I've sorted it now mate! I changed the afm, lamba sensor, cam sensor and put standard airbox back on!
beef27

26th Jan 12 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

let me know how u go on as my x14xe is doing simular an i'm thinking of replacing fuel pump but if u've already done that and still had problems i might be wasting my time and money
c16-jake

27th Jan 12 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorted now!! Changed lamba sensor, cam sensor and afm! So it was one of them that was faulty

New Poll