corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » had to drill seat mount bolts, how to get the remaining bit out

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author had to drill seat mount bolts, how to get the remaining bit out
JaffaTB

User status: Offline
3rd Mar 12 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had to drill the heads off the bolts holding my passenger seat in because it had those daft torx drive bolts and the only bit i had snapped trying to undo them, now im left with about half an inch of thread sticking out of the one closest the door but thats not a problem because i can get to it from underneath its the other one near the gear stick, theres about half a cm left and theres no way to get to it from underneath, anybody know how i could get it out? tried mole grips on it but its solid
bigron1988

3rd Mar 12 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you not drill through it then wack a torks bit into it to undo it
JaffaTB

3rd Mar 12 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

suppose i could give it a try, or just keep drilling through it with a slightly bigger drill each time til i can tap it round with something
TMM

3rd Mar 12 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drill and use a stud extractor
scottyp1989

3rd Mar 12 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drill and retap the hole TBH stud extractors wont work unless you can get the socket types on it.
JaffaTB

3rd Mar 12 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when its time to refit my seats im going to put a normal headed bolt it, can't stand those crappy torx things!
Dan295

3rd Mar 12 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the one closest to the drivers door? its got a captive nut on it but you can shear it off with some molegrips. why cant you get to that nut?
JaffaTB

3rd Mar 12 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the passenger side one closest the gear stick, i said i could get to the one near the door from underneath so thats not a problem
Cossie

4th Mar 12 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have seen the problem many times they should be heated before attempt to be removed because of tread lock used !! when heated they get out easily.
Phoenix Autosport

4th Mar 12 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

file or grind a flat on each side of the stud sticking up so that you can get a good grip with a pair of decent size mole grips, if you are still having issues try soaking them in wd40 or plusgas overnight as it will penetrate down the thread and help release them

New Poll