corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa redtop starter motor wire melted!! No crank??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa redtop starter motor wire melted!! No crank??
Davejs

User status: Offline
7th Mar 12 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just a quick update, I have spoke to the guy I bought the car from and he said he connected the starter motor backwards and melted the red/black wire on the charging loom and into the car?...where does this go/connect to and what does it do?? I think this causing my car not crank as everything else is correct according to the various guides!! The dash lights come on but they dim as soon as i go to crank, then nothing? No power going to starter coz of that melted black/red wire in the charging loom??
davieslim

User status: Offline
7th Mar 12 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

charging loom goes from the battery to the starter then alternator, if its cooked then get a replacement from any corsa b other then a 1.0 12v

New Poll