corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » extending gear linkage c20xe

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author extending gear linkage c20xe
fazza

User status: Offline
9th Mar 12 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when you fit or make an extended linkage for the f20 into a corsa with a c20xe/let

I extended it by say 10mm, do I need to get a bigger linkage rod(the bar that goes over the top) or will the normal one be ok?
Linch

9th Mar 12 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need to get threaded bar and rose joints mate, get them from fixing places like screw fix.
fazza

9th Mar 12 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So I cant just keep the standard plastic bar that goes across?
fazza

9th Mar 12 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like this:

johnhara1

9th Mar 12 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've read on different posts that you can get away with extending either the curved bar as in the photo or extend just the linkage rod using threaded bar and rose joints but you don't have to do both.

I cant confirm this as correct though.

Linch

10th Mar 12 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need to extend both by the width of the spacer your running or the gear change will be like shit.
Vauxdan88

14th Mar 12 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry can I hijack the thread coz that is a perfect picture to describe my problem! I've got a quick shift gear linkage for my xe and I'm having trouble getting the original one apart so I can fit this new one. That bit in the middle on the metal part,the bit were it all connects to the bracket which connects to the side of the gearbox,I'm struggling to get that off the bracket,best way (or a way) to get it off?

New Poll