corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » My XE is understeering like a bitch

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My XE is understeering like a bitch
Dan295

User status: Offline
25th Apr 12 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like crazy, came off a sliproad at 50mph and steered right and it went straight on pretty much, i was wiggling the wheel left and right but it didnt bite at all. Just had the alignment done as follows:

kind of had to get out of there at the time so didnt really bother reading the set up, however is the toe not a little bit much ? 5/6 minutes ? it understeers like a lot atm, i knew it would a little however it wont corner at all atm so was just wondering if my tracking is a bit much?
corsadonk
Premium Member

26th Apr 12 at 05:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You will get understeer, if you floor it at 50 in 2nd or 3rd in the wet. Try adjusting the throttle a little bit.

Also how much tread have you got on your tyres, what make are they? Might worth looking into a ATB diff.
chris_uk
Premium Member

26th Apr 12 at 08:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that all looks ok tbh.

a fwd, high powered car is always going to understeer, more so in the wet.

take alook at your tyres and make etc make sure they are decent.
Edges 58

26th Apr 12 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesn't help that your camber is way different side to side. And yes the toe is a little too much, had mine set to 2 minutes toe out and it was really good turn in
Dan295

26th Apr 12 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

boots are brand new proxes PX4, adjusting the throttle wont do anything for understeer really?

Edges, cheers for that buddy, camber isnt that far out each side though really is it? Might call them up and tell them I need it brought back in and reduce the toe, seems a few other people on here use 2 minutes toeing in and its the way forward. Cheers
Edges 58

26th Apr 12 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A little bit of toe out will help turn in, but too much will scrub tyres. Your camber has like half a degree difference to each side, it should be a bit closer than that.

as far as throttle goes, if you on power while cornering then let off, weight transfers onto the front axle and you get more grip, more turn in
Dan295

26th Apr 12 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont think the rears are an accurate reading, will call them tomorrow and get it booked in again for toe adjusting
Edges 58

26th Apr 12 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was just looking at the fronts lad
Dan295

26th Apr 12 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

eh? fronts are 10 minutes, 1.1 degrees and 1.2 degrees, not a lot really

New Poll