corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Stupid Phone Upgrade Question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Stupid Phone Upgrade Question
p

User status: Offline
7th Aug 12 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Okay so I've just upgraded from my old Blackberry to a knew Blackberry which is being delivered tomorrow.... Oddly, I've never upgraded a phone, I've always just stopped the contract when it ends and got a random other one.....

So I know I keep my number, but does the BBM Pin change? Do I lose any pictures or my contact list when swapping sims over?

I had another month to run, so I thought in effect I would have two Blackberry's on the go, but apparently it doesn't work like that.
Cavey

7th Aug 12 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does your blackberry have a memory card? Just make sure e erything you want to keep is on the memory card and swap that over.

Alternatively, and I'm assuming this will work on different models of blackberry, backup your phone on your pc, then restore it on the new phone. Is imagine your bb pin will change with it being a new phone though? Unless it relates to your mobile number? I don't know exactly.
p

7th Aug 12 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
Does your blackberry have a memory card? Just make sure e erything you want to keep is on the memory card and swap that over.

Alternatively, and I'm assuming this will work on different models of blackberry, backup your phone on your pc, then restore it on the new phone. Is imagine your bb pin will change with it being a new phone though? Unless it relates to your mobile number? I don't know exactly.

Same here on the latte. But cheers.

I don't have a memory card, though...... :/
John

7th Aug 12 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Blackberry pin is phone specific, it'll change for the new phone.
fazza

7th Aug 12 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

download blackberry desktop manager(from blackberry site) then plug in your old BB and hit sync. Then plug your new one in once completed and hit restore and it will copy emails/texts/numbers/calendar/bb pin contacts etc all over. Takes approx 30mins mate
Eddx14xe

8th Aug 12 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What Fazza said. If you back your old one up and then restore this data onto the new one, it changes the new phones pin to the same one your old phone had. It also transfers messages, contacts and everything else to choose for it to back up.

[Edited on 08-08-2012 by Eddx14xe]
Cavey

8th Aug 12 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty sure I said exactly that as well
fazza

8th Aug 12 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
Pretty sure I said exactly that as well

you didnt say how to do it
p

8th Aug 12 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks everyone. Gonna pop in the new sim in a bit, and then take it all from there.

New Poll