corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Broadband - 7 weeks until activation?!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Broadband - 7 weeks until activation?!
Xs

User status: Offline
18th Oct 12 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Moving into a new flat and there is a phone line there, yet sky are quoting the middle of December until they can send an engineer to install my phone line? Seems a bit of a wait to basically activate it at the exchange does it not?

Question - Will all providers be the same as this? Last time I got Sky broadband it only took two weeks
John

18th Oct 12 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's probably BT's fault and not sky's. Is there definitely a working phoneline?
Xs

18th Oct 12 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is a phoneline there but its not active. Don't even know the old number to give sky that and see if it helped.

So if its BT, would that mean all providers are going to be quoting the same timescales to activate it?
Xs

18th Oct 12 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just checked on Talk Talk and it says I have an active line. Anyone used them? Any good, or do they throttle the service at busy times?
Sam
Premium Member

18th Oct 12 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There may be other reasons why it'll take so long.

For example, when we moved into our house last year we had to wait a similar amount of time because the dozy bitch that owned the house didn't think to cancel her phone line and broadband until the day she was due to move out!

She was with Sky for both, and so are we, but the problem was she had to give them 30 days notice because I think she didn't have her current contract with them that long or something like that (can't remember the exact details now).

So we had to use some shitty Vodafone mobile broadband dongle until we had proper ADSL in our home.
Gaz

18th Oct 12 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've heard bad bad things about the customer service of TalkTalk however our work uses them for business lines for homeworkers and we have a delay of one of our guys lines being installed due to the work being done to fix the flooding problems down south.
John

18th Oct 12 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Xs
There is a phoneline there but its not active. Don't even know the old number to give sky that and see if it helped.

So if its BT, would that mean all providers are going to be quoting the same timescales to activate it?

If the line has been ceased it might as well not be there.

Unless talktalk have something in place everyone will quote the same, I know BT lead times in Glasgow just now are shocking, 7 weeks can be quick.

Sky's broadband is good, customer service for both is equally as bad.
Blade_sri

19th Oct 12 at 06:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

About right,we had to wait that long.with talk talk, customer services it's shocking but cheap enough. I have a number top the English call centre now as the ones aboard just palm you off

New Poll