corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » 3G multiplexing

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 3G multiplexing
Sam
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   3rd Jan 13 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does anyone know if it is possible to multiplex 2 or more 3G connections to provide better data bandwidth - so that for example two devices connected to the Internet can download/upload at the same speeds as opposed to speed degradation if both devices are using just a single connection (if you see what I mean)?
Sam
Premium Member

3rd Jan 13 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just realised after posting that I asked a similar question last year but for DSL

This is to do with a little business idea I had though, rather than solving a client's problem...
Whittie

3rd Jan 13 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I looked into this in hospital and couldn't find out how so gave up.
Dom

3rd Jan 13 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You mean bandwidth aggregation/bonding? If so, then no. Closest you'll get is load balancing multiple connections but obviously that isn't quite the same.

Edit - Sounds like you're after load balancing, in which case there are a handful of routers that support load balancing across multiple 3G/4G dongles and load balancing across lease/ADSL lines and 3G/4G connections.

[Edited on 03-01-2013 by Dom]
Sam
Premium Member

3rd Jan 13 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes Dom load balancing is what I meant, sorry.

Thank you
Dom

3rd Jan 13 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a quick google and it looks like there is a kind-of bonding setup (allows for different networks so it isn't the same system as used by ISPs where lines are bonded both ends) for 3G/4G connections - Viprinet do a few routers that apparently bond connections and Prodec.

If it works then i could be a decent product to supply rural companies.
Ste
Premium Member

4th Jan 13 at 20:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had an app on my Nokia N8 that was a wifi tethering app and if you had a couple of phones together it could tether them all into one wifi signal and get faster speeds. Sounds like what you want. Can't remember what it was called though but if i do i'll reply again.

Answer to your question is YES it's possible and available.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Chris
Premium Member

4th Jan 13 at 22:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The main problem with bandwith agrigation is using the same providor data speeds suffer from the same issues as DSLAM using DSL.

Other options are to increase signal strength to the kit,

http://www.teltonika.lt/en/pages/view/?id=1031

There are a few RUT104 on ebay now and again

Best to use diverse carriers.

[Edited on 04-01-2013 by Chris]
Ste
Premium Member

5th Jan 13 at 10:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.joiku.com/

That's the one

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.

New Poll