corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Abs sensors, distance to speed sensor ring?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Abs sensors, distance to speed sensor ring?
TheDane

User status: Offline
9th Mar 13 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys,

I'm having some trouble with my ABS not working.

I have measured the sonsors, and they showed approx 1.5ohm. And when I spun the wheels they changed. So I assume the sensors work as they should.

The plug connection on the right side did show signs of oxidation, but cleaned it as good as I could with a wirebrush.

I also cleaned the speed sensor rings, as they were badly corroded, so took a hammer and a screwdriver, and got all the worst rot cleaned away, and afterwards wirebrushed it.

I also cleaned the ABS sensors, but unfortunately I snapped the little "stick" that plugs into the hub and centers the abs sensor correctly when fitting... But I still fitted them in roughly the same place, but not sure if I got them fitted with the correct distance to the speed sensor rings. I read somewhere online that there should be a gap of approx. 0.3mm - 0.8mm

I then got the right side sensor to be approx. with 0.6mm-0.7mm to the speed ring. But the left side I didn't move the sensor "mount", and given the badly corrosion on the ring that I have removed, I assume the ring will be smaller now, and giving a bigger gap. And I'm thinking that could very well be giving me some problems still. It still did change resistance in the ABS sensor when I rotated the wheel.

But do any of you know what the distance should be? Or if it doesn't matter, just as long it changes the resistance when wheel is rotating?

[Edited on 09-03-2013 by TheDane]

New Poll