corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Carrier Unlock iPhone 4

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Carrier Unlock iPhone 4
Ian W

User status: Offline
22nd Oct 13 at 07:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need to unlock an old iPhone 4 that is currently locked on 3.

What's the best way to do this? I tried to do the old ultrasn0w soft unlock that I used on the old 3GS but that won't work
evilrob
Premium Member

22nd Oct 13 at 07:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Phone 3, give them the IMEI number and £15 and they'll do it properly.
Ian W

22nd Oct 13 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by evilrob
Phone 3, give them the IMEI number and £15 and they'll do it properly.

Cheers, will do.
evilrob
Premium Member

22nd Oct 13 at 08:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No worries - I recently did my old iPhone 4 that was locked to Three.

If you're still a Three customer, you don't even need to speak to anyone, you can do it via their self help "press 1 for <whatever>, 2 for <something else>" system. You just enter in the IMEI over the phone and they stick the £15 on your next bill!

You do need an appropriately-sized SIM from another network to check it's worked, though (I believe it's a Micro SIM for the iPhone 4 IIRC). After it's done, you need to put your non-Three SIM in, hook it up to your computer and fire up iTunes to complete the process.

You may need to disconnect/connect it a couple of times - mine didn't work first time, but on the second time I connected it to the PC, iTunes came up with a message saying something along the lines of "Congratulations - your phone has been unlocked."

Just in case anyone else stumbles across this - Three let you unlock your iPhone at any time, you don't need to be out of contract. I also did my iPhone 5 which has another 11 months left on the contract.

[Edited on 22-10-2013 by evilrob]
Munchie

22nd Oct 13 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The best advice I can give is that if you own the phone then go through the network.

If you have bought the phone second hand and want it unlocking then contact previous owner and pay the £20 or so

Its free to unlock on O2.

If you cannot do the above then use something called a "R Sim" which tricks the phone into thinking its unlocked. Some very good results from it and cost around £15- £20

New Poll