corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » iPhone 4S Or 5S

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author iPhone 4S Or 5S
p

User status: Offline
5th Jan 14 at 00:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People who have had either one phone or both, or played about with one, what's your opinion, what do you prefer?

Had an iPhone 4S for two years, got rid of it, but seriously regretting it and might get one again. Normally when apple bring out a new iPhone it's better, but I actually don't really like the 5S. Just too light and too tall for my liking. The 4S was perfect in my opinion.

To not contradict myself, should I be getting another 4S or would I prefer the 5S in the long term???
sc0ott

5th Jan 14 at 00:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Much prefer the 5. The 4 looks and feels crap now.
Jason x
Premium Member

5th Jan 14 at 00:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a 5
evilrob
Premium Member

5th Jan 14 at 00:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am also of the opinion that the 4 was my favourite of the iPhones made to date - I liked the weight and glass on both sides, felt more premium; like an expensive watch.

I also found that after two years of use, my iPhone 4 looked as good the day I sold it as it did the day it came out of the box. The 5 scratches if you so much as look at it.

However, if you're going to get an iPhone today - it's got to be the 5; iOS 7 runs like a piece of shit on the 4 and there's no escaping it unfortunately.
p

5th Jan 14 at 01:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by evilrob
I am also of the opinion that the 4 was my favourite of the iPhones made to date - I liked the weight and glass on both sides, felt more premium; like an expensive watch.

I also found that after two years of use, my iPhone 4 looked as good the day I sold it as it did the day it came out of the box. The 5 scratches if you so much as look at it.

However, if you're going to get an iPhone today - it's got to be the 5; iOS 7 runs like a piece of shit on the 4 and there's no escaping it unfortunately.

Agree with you here! For me the 4S was simply perfect, I don't think they could do a lot better. But, being Apple, it has to change. Unfortunately. As you say the weight of it, the feel, the look, was just perfect.

Looks like I might have to get a 5S, then. depends, though. If I can get a 4S for a year contract or something I'd settle for that.
AlunJ

5th Jan 14 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the 5S isn't a massive improvement over the 5 in my opinion
Rob_Quads

5th Jan 14 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would personally go iPhone 5S.

Personally prefer the weight of it over the 4S, also the camera is better. I suspect they will introduce more use for the TouchID so having this will be a good thing.
Tiger

5th Jan 14 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I couldnt go back to a 4 now, the extra screen area is so much better on the 5.
Jambo

5th Jan 14 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I loved my 4s, agree the glass felt great. But tbh a lighter phone is nicer even if it is a PITA with scratches (mines black)

But after using a 5, I picked up my mates 4s and it is laughable. It's like a toy with the small screen. I don't even notice mine being "tall" it's just my phone.

p

6th Jan 14 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going to o2 tomorrow to see what they can sort out. Think they need to reconnect my old contract or something to get an upgrade.
evilrob
Premium Member

6th Jan 14 at 19:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just thought I should point out that I'm pretty sure you can only get a 4S with 8Gb storage now.
p

6th Jan 14 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by evilrob
Just thought I should point out that I'm pretty sure you can only get a 4S with 8Gb storage now.

Possibly! I'll see what they can offer me. My Blackberry is a sack of shit. Got that still left for 6 months.
Marc

6th Jan 14 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not get a 5?
p

7th Jan 14 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Why not get a 5?

Maybe!

They've put my number back on to contract from pay as you go, then hopefully they'll sort an upgrade out tomorrow. I didn't even ask for a pay and you go sim but the guy did it anyway
Jambo

8th Jan 14 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What you get
p

8th Jan 14 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The guy on the phone just made it worse with his constant rambling, so I gave up and I'll frequent an o2 shop I reckon.

Waited half an hour to get through as well. Sometimes when you're on the phone to a call centre, it's easier just to make things simple, but this guy did not.

New Poll