corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Wireless switches

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wireless switches
Dan
Premium Member

User status: Offline
12th Oct 14 at 16:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can anyone point me in the right direction.

I have some lights I wish to control via a remote. They are 12v and will be in 3 location around 10m apart.

I can find numerous 2/3ch remote/receivers but they all have just the single receivers.

I really need 1 fob which will operate 1 light at a time and a master button to light all 3.

Thanks in advance

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Richie

12th Oct 14 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure one of the nerds at work did this by stripping down and using components from a 240v kit like this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-2-3-4-Set-Home-Electric-Wireless-Remote-Control-Indoor-Socket-Wall-UK-Plug-in-/281347815351?pt=UK_Gadgets&var=&hash=item4181a2f7b7
John

12th Oct 14 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thoe are almost always soft start and don't like working with anything other than a normal old fashioned 240v bulb.
Dan
Premium Member

12th Oct 14 at 19:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive just found some dirt cheap remote and receivers on ebay. £1.99 each.

Im hoping they all work on the same frequency and 1 remote will operate them all :/

I'm doubtful in all honesty though. They are 12v led halogen style bulbs im using (MU16?)

Ste
Premium Member

15th Oct 14 at 22:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does 4 channels

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-Channel-DC-12V-AC-240V-RF-Wireless-Remote-Control-Switch-Relay-Transmitter-4CH-/121104193817

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Richie

16th Oct 14 at 01:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not a channel issue Ste - he needs multiple receivers as the lights are wired separately. So multiple receivers - single remote.
Dan
Premium Member

16th Oct 14 at 04:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea as Richie States. I require multiple receivers off a single remote.

Seems a big ask tbh

Dom

16th Oct 14 at 06:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why can't you buy three of what Ste posted (or THIS or THIS)?
I'd be very surprised if those Chinese specials are intelligent enough for the fobs to be encoded to the receivers

Saying that, most of those kits struggle to work across 10m let alone 30m+ so it might be worth looking at proper X10/Z-Wave home automation kit.

[Edited on 16-10-2014 by Dom]
Dan
Premium Member

17th Oct 14 at 05:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's what I have done dom. Ordered 3 of the same kits in hope they are cheap and use same band etc.

It's for some fishing lights I want to build. 10m range would be fine tbh.

Dan
Premium Member

29th Oct 14 at 19:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome. All work on the same frequency. So can use them all on same remote. Worked for the first two of three I tried.

New Poll