corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » buying amps from america........

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author buying amps from america........
cdcool1

User status: Offline
8th Mar 04 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres an amp that i'm interested in, FUSION FP-9001D, and the cheapest i can find it in england is £699.99, but in america, i've found it for $460, which works out about £300 (i think????). just want to know what kind of shipping charges are involved

also, are there any other amps which would be better? wanting to power a 1000W RMS sub (or 1200W RMS if i go for the 12"), with dual 2ohm voice coils.

the FP9001D supplies 1100W RMS at 1 ohm which is perfect, i was considering a couple of ALPINE MRD-500 's which supply 500WRMS at 2 ohms, but would rather do it through 1 amp

[Edited on 08-03-2004 by cdcool1]
cdcool1

8th Mar 04 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just had a thought, i've got some relatives in america, if they send it as a present, wll i get away without having to pay duty etc?
cdcool1

8th Mar 04 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^bump^^^
Dom

8th Mar 04 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if your buying the amp from the states mate i would get relatives to send it - wrap it up in b'day paper, bubble wrapped in a box and then get them to write something on front along the lines of "To timmy, have a great birthday" etc etc That should work a treat to dodge the taxes etc. Remember, to get you relatives to strip anything off it that relates to the ICE shop over there However, someone was telling me that they xray boxes etc so its not 100% mate
Trucido

8th Mar 04 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol they might think its a bomb :s
cdcool1

8th Mar 04 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

suppose it doesn't matter what it is if its present tho? as long as its wrapped like a present, they cant charge taxes etc can they?
drunkenfool

10th Mar 04 at 01:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i imported my 2 subs and my amp from the states. Cost £270 postage for the lot (about 8 1/2 stone). Both the subs got through customs fine, but i had to pay duty on the amp, which was £57. (Amp was $399 reduced from $1100, so i still saved loads!). I also got a friend in america to send it to me, declared as a gift.

New Poll