corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » how can i find out if my car was a write off at one point?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author how can i find out if my car was a write off at one point?
sim0ng

User status: Offline
7th Nov 04 at 01:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been going over my car and what I hadn't noticed at the garage I got it from was that it looks like it has been written off at one point, the bonnet is too far to one side, the front bumper and left arch is much darker than the others, the windscreen has been replaced, my engine has GM written on it instead of Vauxhall which my mates corsa has, also the lock on the boot lid looks vertually brand new, its really shiny. But the electrics seem to be going a little odd now I've driven it around for the past fre months, when i open hte driver side door the interior light comes on but its so dingey ya can't see fuck all and last week when i turned it on after checking my tire pressure at the pertol station shit loads of white smoke started coming from somewhere, don't know where abouts, but in the general area of the ignition, nothing seems to have stopped working but i keep getting the handbrake symbol come up on the dash, i presume thats cuz I have low brake fluid?

but newaze, how can I find out if my car was written off because I don't have anything about new windscreen or new bonnet etc in with all the service history I got.
Ian
Site Administrator

7th Nov 04 at 01:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HPI check would tell you if its been either written off or in a serious accident.

Not all accidents are recorded and the other problems could be down to bad maintenance. It just sounds like a badly looked after car, not one with a particularly serious history.
ainsley_brader

7th Nov 04 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HPi wont tell you about serious accidents only total losses!
sim0ng

8th Nov 04 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah right, well yesterday was cleaning the interior, all the fabrics 'n' that and another thing which makes me think its been in an accident is that the passenger side roof handle and passger side seatbelt were loose! I've had to tighten up the bold holding the seatbeld to the side of the car and the handle back to the roof.

also, where is the paint number on corsas? I've looked on top of the suspension in the engine and behind the doors and can't seem to find it :S need to spray my eyebrows up. I got a white corsa b if ne1 else can help me out with the paint #.
PaulW

8th Nov 04 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you just bought the car???

if within 2 weeks, by law you got a 14 day money back from a dealer so get it back & go elsewhere...

if its a private sale, there is pretty much nothing you can do!
PaulW

8th Nov 04 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

paint number is on the VIN plate on the slam panel...

should be 2 plates, one black & one painted same as car... paint code is on the black one (I think)
sim0ng

8th Nov 04 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it was a private deal and I've had the car for about 2 months, I'm just trying to do a service on it atm before the MOT. Dosen't seem to be a bad runner, get to 100mph fine down the motorway and just wants to keep going faster, only thing is it needs some brake fluid so gonna pop out to halfords in a min and get some plus some spray paint if I can find the plate!
welshdude

8th Nov 04 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The paint code on my corsa was inside the door on the drivers side (below the B pillar)
sim0ng

8th Nov 04 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers dude! found it and got mah paint! also bought some brake fluid but can't get the god damn cap off to pour it in!

New Poll