corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Help on exhaust please

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help on exhaust please
M333KS D

User status: Offline
30th Nov 04 at 07:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, I have just had a rage 3.5” stainless backbox put on my corsa c, however with it being brand new, the baffles need burning, my mate said that it takes about 3 to 4 months, with me being impatient I want it done faster, an exhaust bloke said that he used to pour petrol down it and set it alight (obviously when it was off the car) and that worked, could anybody tell me if this is true or another way to do it eg a heat gun or something, thanks,
Sorry about the essay

[Edited on 30-11-2004 by darren meekings]
broster
Premium Member

30th Nov 04 at 07:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why whats the use in that unless you want to brun the baffles! just leave it be they usually sound a little louder after 200miles. but dont need burning...............
M333KS D

30th Nov 04 at 07:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well aparantly they have a nylon baffel in them which burns after a couple of months, with it being a rage it should be loud but the standard was louder, so i know something needs to be done, i just wanna no what i can do
broster
Premium Member

30th Nov 04 at 07:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nylon? performnce ehausts have fiber glass baffles dont they? or am i wrong? a back box on its own wont be silly loud, seriously never heard of burning th baffles before. just leave it for 200miles and see hw it sounds then
M333KS D

30th Nov 04 at 07:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have done 300 since i had it put on, and no difference, my mate has got the same exhaust as me and aparantly the heat from your engine burns the nylon temporary baffles in it after so long, (so the exhaust bloke told me anyway)
broster
Premium Member

30th Nov 04 at 07:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never heard that before, but that said never had a rage exhaust before......... but it sounds a little bit odd.
M333KS D

30th Nov 04 at 07:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well il let you know later if your right,
M333KS D

30th Nov 04 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anybody heard of this???

New Poll