corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » i have a 1.8 sri on a y plate i need mre power any suggestions!!!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author i have a 1.8 sri on a y plate i need mre power any suggestions!!!!!
gear_1052000

User status: Offline
21st Mar 05 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a chip may be in order
lewie

21st Mar 05 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would be happy with 1.8 power
gear_1052000

21st Mar 05 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you no what its like its never fast enough!!! i need an exhaust has any 1 got 1 for sale
Fryer

21st Mar 05 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depending upon how much power you are wanting mate you could work up the following list:-
- inlet manifold, check out corsa808's post here - http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=201072 although not sure if he is developing for the 1.8!
- exhaust manifold (somewhere like supersprint etc) & full straight through custom made system from Exhausts UK etc
- then now maybe look at getting a chip mapped in along with some cams at the same time possibly to make the chip worthwhile

now after this stage you are looking at porting and polishing head, maybe a little boring out if you felt like it, Throttle Bodies if you were really serious.
Could also look at lightening and balancing bottom end and lighter flywheel etc but again thats quite a lot of money that would be going into the engine at this point!

[Edited on 21-03-2005 by Fryer]
gear_1052000

21st Mar 05 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate i just want a back box or a car bk and a chip and remaping!! i think that will make it a bit quicker!!! thanks for the advice matey

New Poll