corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa B - 1.0 B Problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B - 1.0 B Problems
moka

User status: Offline
20th Jul 07 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all,

Im having some problems with my Corsa and because money is tight id prefere to get a second opinion before i take it to a garage to be serviced.

Basically problem 1 is the first 2-3 mins of driving the car the car will have something like 15-20% power, i have to put my foot down a tiny bit to have any power, any more and the car will slow down with a low engine noise. Its like the engines warming up before it can do anything. I live right next to a motorway which i have to join to go to work, the car makes this very dangerous as you can imagine!

The next problem is the car will be ok up to about 70% throttle. If i floor it, the car will be going slower. Make sense? i have no idea why but this is constant, flooring it is out of the question now.

The next problem is a sludge green/black/yellow round the oil cap. Ive heard this is head gasket. I really hope not! There is no black or white smoke coming out the exhaust and the car dont smell of egg ( ive heard there other symptoms ).

Problem 4 is after giving my engine a LIGHT spray of WD40 (only in areas i thought was ok) i start the engine only to find a new light stay on. The belt tensioner/air bag light. Is this conisidence or have i fcuked it up? My mates corsa also has this light on and he aint sprayed nothing.

For problems 1&2 I have tried fitting my old induction kit to see if it was the airflow but its the same if not worse. In the next few days i should have a new original panel air filter that ill try with original air box ill update asap.

Any help advice is much appreciated! Im on a tight budget (homebase wage) so anything i can try for free or next to nothing believe me i will. I have an ok understanding on cars and have mates working for lexus

Thanks in advance
Moka

[Edited on 20-07-2007 by moka]
Dean_W

20th Jul 07 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sludge on the cap is a sign of head gasket failure.

Or, you can get some in there after a lot of short journeys.
moka

20th Jul 07 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i only really do short journeys, never really more than 6-7 miles 1 way. average around 2-3 both.
moka

20th Jul 07 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any ideas on other problems lads?
mattk

20th Jul 07 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the engine managment light on?
moka

21st Jul 07 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah its not, only light thats on is the belt tensioner/air bag light.

New Poll