corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Got a quote for c20xe conversion

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Got a quote for c20xe conversion
FruitBooTeR

User status: Offline
29th Nov 07 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK THIS IS GOING TO BE A BIT OF A READ SO PEOPLE WHO CANT BE BOTHERED LOOK AWAY NOW

Got a quote from courtney for 2500 thats just fitting, i would have to supply driveshafts/cv joints/hubs etc.

Gave these guys an email -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/c20xe-c20let-v6-engine-conversion-service_W0QQitemZ260186305877QQihZ016QQcategoryZ10404QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This is what I put -

Hi

just wondered if i could get some information of you about the services you provide.

I am looking to do an engine conversion in my 1.4 16v corsa B, i want to drop a 2.0 16v redtop engine into it. Just want to know if I brought my car into you along with a C20XE engine + ECU & Loom and an F20 gearbox and an exhaust manifold that would fit, would you be able to provide the rest of the conversion parts such as -

.Engine mounts / Gearbox mounts & spacers
.Drive shafts
.CV Joints
.Wheel Hubs

If you could provide all of the above parts + anything I've missed and also do the conversion for me how much would i be looking at?

Then they replied -

hi there would be looking at p/x your engine, if so what condition is it??? my price for supplying all parts required and labour would be £700 or £850 if you don't want to p/x your engine, regards mark at mcd vaux

Then i replied -

My eninge is currently on 57k and runs smooth as anything. It will be unlickly that i will be doing this untill feb-april next year as funds etc and sorcing the 2.0l engine but your offer has been the best so far so i will be staying intouch.

Is there anything you can do to the engine before it goes in, i know you can get full rebuilds done but i dont think i could afford that, i just need it looking at and whatever looks like its gonna be trouble replacing, so basicly im not putting a rubbish engine in my car.

So from what you have said would this be correct -

If i buy the engine with gearbox and ecu loom etc will i be able to simply bring my car in and you will sort out the fitting of all the driveshafts and engine mounts, as i understand there has to be uprated driveshatfs with new wheel hubs etc this is the bit i dont understand so if you could explain it a bit more that would help.

Thanks again

Then the final reply -

Hi there the best parts to replace before the engine goes in are the cambelt & pulleys & waterpump, unless you have proof from previous owner that they have been changed, 1st/ cambelt kits range from £65-£90 depending on belt & roller set up, water pumps are about £22, 2nd/ a bonded sump gasket, and oil and filter change, are strongly recommended, all prices are quoted with out labour costs.

I'll explain about the shafts and hubs now, there are 2 ways of doing the conversion 1st way is to use your original shafts and put mk2 cav 1.6 inner joints on, but with doing that and then tryin to run 150bhp+ through little shafts the shear/snap, so option 2 is to replace the original shafts with pre made stronger motorsport shafts which need both inner & outer cv joints from a 2.0 cav/calibra/vectra/astra, which then will not fit your 1.4 16v drive flange so again you will need some pre machined drive flange and new bearings to fit in to your corsa hubs, any other question please feel free to ask, regards mark at mcd vaux

Do you think this company sounds like they know what there doing etc because i think 750/850 is quite a good quote tbh.

Cheers

Fro

29th Nov 07 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does sound like it apart from, saying you will need motorsport shafts, as you can use 1.6 sport/gsi ones then you don't need outter CV's.

Have you asked beardy or anyone else
on here that does conversions how much they would charge?

seems a reasonable price though.
lil_g

29th Nov 07 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seems cheap to me mate
FruitBooTeR

29th Nov 07 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol thats what i was thinking, im hoping there is someone on here who has used them before and can provide some info.

Also I have just sent Beardy a u2u so will see what he says.

At the end of the day i think im going to have a budget of around £1000 - £1500 I just want to make sure its done properly
B3KAN

29th Nov 07 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesnt look the greatest of workshops

Id defo find out more about them mate before putting your car there
TheCam

29th Nov 07 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it doesnt matter about their workshop its about the knowledge of the mechanic doing the work.
Where would Beardy for example be doing the conversion?
Fro

29th Nov 07 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine was done on a driveway
joes_1.4_16v_sport

29th Nov 07 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That B's got 1 hell of a camber...

Need that sorting 1st
D1 DDH

29th Nov 07 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah mark is just down the road from me and he does quality work, been doing it for a while now and done tons of conversions. i would highly reccomend him
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

29th Nov 07 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did he do your conversion dan?
scottyp1989

29th Nov 07 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got a couple of mates that will do conversions, not to far away from you either
FruitBooTeR

29th Nov 07 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by D1 DDH
yeah mark is just down the road from me and he does quality work, been doing it for a while now and done tons of conversions. i would highly reccomend him

Cheers mate thats all i wanted to know

Just waiting for a reply from Beardy then going to see which one sounds better
DAZ1985

29th Nov 07 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by scottyp1989
ive got a couple of mates that will do conversions, not to far away from you either

same hear
FruitBooTeR

29th Nov 07 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

prices?
scottyp1989

29th Nov 07 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i now one will do it for 1500 for everythin an the other one will do it for about 2/300 for just fitting the engine, and both can do it in the same day if they not got nothin planed or work
DAZ1985

29th Nov 07 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u2u'd
D1 DDH

29th Nov 07 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A
did he do your conversion dan?

no mate i think jimmy 2.1 did mine. not sure though
FruitBooTeR

30th Nov 07 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Beardy got back to me and said

Using GSI shafts and engine mount kit would be around the £187 mark

Using motorsport shafts and fitting kit would be around the £437 mark

Then labour costs + bits and bobs

So really it all depends on weather i go for the stronger shafts etc if i choose to go for the conversion kit with uprated shafts then the cost is going to be pretty much the same as all the other places but if gsi shafts are acceptable then i think beardy is they guy
FruitBooTeR

30th Nov 07 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gonna try and sorce an engine i think and take it from there, mabi rebuild bits of it before it goes in so its a bit more healthy
craig8
Premium Member

30th Nov 07 at 16:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pm sri_davie, he mentioned he had an XE spare

E36 328

New Poll