corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Remote keys / chip / transponder HELP!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Remote keys / chip / transponder HELP!
livefastdriveyoung

User status: Offline
30th Dec 07 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have bought a salvage 2003 astra, the remote key is misssing, I only have the normal spare key.

You can buy remote keys from ebay and have them cut, but what has to be done in regards to the chip?? how much is it to get it programmed???

Also could I remove chip from my spare key and put it in a new remote key?? obviously i would rather have a remote key than the spare.
ad-sport

30th Dec 07 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

err as far as im aware you can have them cut and swap the chip over then all you will have to do is syncronise the remote to work the locking, do you no how to do that?
livefastdriveyoung

30th Dec 07 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer thanks mae, it tells you how in owners manual, something like press and btton when key is at ignition position one
ad-sport

30th Dec 07 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah something like that although i thought it was ignition on but i might be wrong. if you dont want to swap the chip from the other key you can buy them from vaux. you will need the ''car pass'' for the immob code so they can programe it up. if you buy the pass and chip fom us at work we wouldnt charge for programming
livefastdriveyoung

31st Dec 07 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

need the log book to buy pass m8 and I dont have that either, wnt be geting it either as the car was bought just to repair and sell on, has onl had one owner so dont want to bump this up by having to register in my name
ad-sport

31st Dec 07 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you dnt need the lod=g book to buy the pass, just the reg and vin number

New Poll