corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Whats this problem then?? MAF ??? EGR ???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Whats this problem then?? MAF ??? EGR ???
marklaruk

User status: Offline
23rd Sep 08 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My car had been running shit for months (corsa 99 1.2 16v sxi). Lacking in power when accelerating, when i put my foot down or took off the accelerator the car would give a judder (usually at lower speeds), coming to a stop and pressing on the clutch the revs would drop like a brick and car wpuld cut out. Starting the car up again u would have to keep some revs going or car would cut out.

Took it to get codes read and 3 faults came up MAF which was 100% shagged and 2 other faults EGR and llambda sensor. Was told the last 2 codes were prob due to the MAF sensor.

Spent £160 at andrew page for a new MAF sensor and car seemed all good but has started acting up again and is starting to get to the stages of before where it keeps cutting out and lacks in power. Took it back to garage i now had 2 codes MAF sensor which is fucked again and also the ICV (which never showed up on the first test).

Got a new ICV and put that in and things seemed better for a day or so, but again started going down hill (i have yet to get that set up to ECU so maybe why).

New MAF coming tomorrow so gona get that banged in and get it to garage to get ICV set up to ECU.

For some reason i'm not feeling too confident about it all and so far it's cost me £300 and 2 MAF sensors so far!

What fucking up my MAF all the time???? I have been told EGR valves are a common problem on my many vauxhalls?

Thankies

[Edited on 23-09-2008 by marklaruk]

James_H

23rd Sep 08 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could be egr, try another maf sensor 1st.

[Edited on 23-09-2008 by jahunt]
marklaruk

23rd Sep 08 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just reading one of the posts below and it says how much of a pain they are lol. I'm sure the miles per gallon have gone down the toilet since all this aswell!

marklaruk

24th Sep 08 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bump
sand-eel

24th Sep 08 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

possibly crank sensor aswell, happened to me
hurl16v

24th Sep 08 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same problum i got and went to vaux it truned out to be egr valve i got a w reg 1.2 sxi. could be commom thing.

New Poll