corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Electrical problem. Alternator/battery not holding charge.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Electrical problem. Alternator/battery not holding charge.
Jakey
Premium Member

User status: Offline
25th Oct 08 at 23:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think its since i've had my sub and amp in, when i unlock my car door after a day of not using it, the intierior light flashes and flickers like theres a problem somewhere.. And then if its really dim, and i havent used the car for a while, it wont start, just about get the lights on the dash com on.

As soon as i bump start it, its fine.

Any ideas?
sebbyg

26th Oct 08 at 02:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sub and amp not earthed correctly?
Fro

26th Oct 08 at 07:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you connect up the remot wire to the amp properly so it only comes on when the HU is on?

Battery could be knackered and not holding which is another possibility.
Jakey
Premium Member

26th Oct 08 at 07:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

99% sure the sub and amp are earthed properly.

As for the remote wire, one of the wires going between 2 of the blocks melted before i got the car, so i clipped the remote wire to it abit further up. That means that my head unit is always on, unless i take the fascia off.

As for the battery, it happened on my old battery, so i bought a new one, which seemed to do the job for about 3-4weeks, now the new battery is doing it.

Its got to be a dodgy wire somewhere.
Fro

26th Oct 08 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you been taking the fascia off whenever you get out the car? Could be worth taking the remote wire off and going without the sub/amp for a while and see what happens?
Jakey
Premium Member

26th Oct 08 at 10:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i always take the fascia off and leave it in the glove box. Im going to disconnect it all today and see if it solves it. Cheers mate
Will94

26th Oct 08 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good idea

Sounds like some sort of a power drain. for peice of mind check the voltage across the battery terminals while the engine is running to check if the alternator is putting out a decent voltage
Jakey
Premium Member

26th Oct 08 at 10:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I checked the old battery when it was happening and it was pushing out about 0.5-1volts below what it should of, with and without the engine on.

So the alternator could be the problem, hope its a dodgy wire though

New Poll