corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » headlights!! help needed.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author headlights!! help needed.
sporty_leon

User status: Offline
18th Dec 08 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am in the process of trying to remove the glass from my headlight units to spray the inside frame black, but cant get the glass off. i have soaked them in red hot water, i have put them in the oven untill i cud barely pick them up with gloves on and still the glue is not going tacky. i know it is possible to do but i just kant lol. if it helps my headlights are valeo's and are hight adjustable beam. help lol.

p.s have window screen attacked with a hammer last nite and the standard deadlock alarm went nuts! woke whole street up! now i no it works lol.
Ellis

18th Dec 08 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Valeo's are a total c*unt to split
sporty_leon

18th Dec 08 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did you mange to split them tho?
sebbyg

18th Dec 08 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

red hot water aay use a heat gun around the bead of glue, and use a flexible blade of some description (i used a flexi scraper) to try and break the bead. valeo lights arent the best lights to split though, i managed 1 just about but it was very messy and when it came to doing the 2nd i cracked the glass lense. you will have to be very careful and patient
sporty_leon

18th Dec 08 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok nice one, depos are gonna be alot easier then. ahh fook it il stop bein tight and fork out for depo's. cheers all.

New Poll